No Data Connection After Low Signal/No Signal

Fuzzy John

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Using an AT&T Titan. At work the AT&T signal is relatively poor. I have WiFi turned on, so no problem with data.
Every few days when I go home I find the signal strength indicator showing no signal. A few times after a little while the signal strength indicator came back to all bars (outside the building).
However most times this does not happen. If I put the phone in airplane mode and then turn airplane off I get the signal strength back and I also get the 4G indicator. I can make phone calls, send and receive SMS. But if I try to use data, such as weather refresh, web or email I get a message telling me that a data comection is required and that I should turn on Data under Cellular. Data under Cellular is turned on. I even toggled that to no avail. The only way I can get the data connection going again is to turn the phone off and then back on.

I remember having the exact same issue a year ago when I played with a Samsung Focus (pre-NoDo) for 30 days.

Last edited:

hallam555

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Same here Omnia 7

When im at home I have to turn off my data connection so I can use my wifi then when i leave the house i turn my data connection back on but nothing happens, i too need to restart the phone for it to pick up the 3G signal again. Orange UK

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss