Lumia sales over 1 million

ljkelley

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Nokia has released their 4Q results and they have sold over 1 million Lumia devices so far.

That is a very good start, at that same rate it would be over 6 million devices a year (The Lumia 800 was launched about 2 months ago November 15th). But this is a minimum figure as it doesn't account for growth especially for new devices and new marktes.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Ad people said Nokia messes up with the WP.. Hahaha .. Gj Nokia!! Who needs 64g duel-core any ways.. Lol ;)

Sent from my SGH-i917R using Board Express

XBWillem

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Wasn't the news that they SHIPPED 1 million? That means they sent out 1 million to retailers, doesn't mean they were all sold. I could be wrong.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Well if they are sent n not sold.. Means its atlease on the store shelf n will sell at some point..

Last edited:

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Well if they are sent n not sold.. Means its atlease on the store shelf n will sell at some point..

Retailers buy the phones and sell them ...
Not that this will be the case with Nokia, but it's important that the distinction is made between sold and shipped, because you can't guarantee that everything you ship will be sold. Reference Palm Pr? and HP Touchpad ;)

So, I'm glad to hear the word "sold" is on the press release :)

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
If it is sold as in sold to consumers, that's genuinely excellent. If it is sold as in sold into retail channels, less excellent.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I believe the statement from earlier this week was, "1.4M Lumias shipped". This latest statement of, "more than 1M sold" as part of a financial review makes perfect sense. Maybe 10-20% not sold as of 12/31/11. And that was only 6 weeks, not 2 months. So that equates to 8.66M annual, and Nokia is barely getting started. Look out.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

welsbloke

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
My life is complete now we have the Sold versus Shipped discussion with regards to Nokia.

Congratulations it seems the analysts were a bit wide of the mark when they pronounced doom and the stock price has not plummeted if anything it has risen a notch although it did drop in the days prior to the announcement after poor posting from its key suppliers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans