Who else would like to see more color options?

CamiKitti

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Being a teenager and all, I like to have fun with customization and such. (don't tell me to get an android, those things suck). I always change my theme color and keep the background color to black (i have dust under the screen, no screen protector, probably on next phone). Anybody else want more color options? Maybe a color wheel, slider or something of that sort? (Eliminating black and white or colors close to that of course)

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

HeyMoosh

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
The colours don't bother me that much. A bigger thing for me is if they could make each tile customizable by the user.

So I mean take the hotmail tile for example, it would be cool if we had a choice to have it as a single tile size, or 2 tile size rectangle. Also if we could choose between icons, content to be displayed (ranging from saying just the synced email addresses, to new email previews including possible image for the sender), colour, etc etc.

These options I think would really take the live tiles to a whole new level allowing you to customize them to get the info most relevant to you as quickly as possible.

Also somehow adding controls to some of the tiles would be really good. I imagine it could be like if they provided an optional shortcut into some settings (wifi, network, brightness, bluetooth), when you press the shortcut tile the start screen could shrink and fade into the background like when you long press on a tile. And then a widget like box would pop up ontop showing these options as toggles.

This sort of interface would work really well for folders as well in my opinion, providing another layer of live tiles ontop of the main ones on the start screen.

CamiKitti

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
So I mean take the hotmail tile for example, it would be cool if we had a choice to have it as a single tile size, or 2 tile size rectangle. Also if we could choose between icons, content to be displayed (ranging from saying just the synced email addresses, to new email previews including possible image for the sender), colour, etc etc.
I agree with that.
Also somehow adding controls to some of the tiles would be really good. I imagine it could be like if they provided an optional shortcut into some settings (wifi, network, brightness, bluetooth), when you press the shortcut tile the start screen could shrink and fade into the background like when you long press on a tile. And then a widget like box would pop up ontop showing these options as toggles.
I think they have an app for shortcut tiles for some settings, but I'd love a brightness shortcut since I always go to that one quite often.

IamVortigaunt

May 20, 2011
Visit site
The colours don't bother me that much. A bigger thing for me is if they could make each tile customizable by the user.

These options I think would really take the live tiles to a whole new level allowing you to customize them to get the info most relevant to you as quickly as possible .

I think these would be really good additions. I agree that the tiles could be more "live".

This sort of interface would work really well for folders as well in my opinion, providing another layer of live tiles ontop of the main ones on the start screen.

Not sure I agree with the idea of having an additional overlay. Might add complication and make the UI a bit muddled.

Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express

HeyMoosh

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Not sure I agree with the idea of having an additional overlay. Might add complication and make the UI a bit muddled.

I contemplated that in my head, but try it out on your phone, long press a tile, and see the background fade back. I think it would work pretty well, for a shortcut sort of widget interface anyway. Maybe not as folders so much, who knows what MS are cooking up for when they implement that though! :)

Gmotagi

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
The parts of the screen where a I have my own apps pinned with all different colour tiles looks 10x better then the bland stock tiles. They really need brightening up & should have multicolour variants.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I will love a yellow option, a circle of colors in witch you could chose the one you like should be great.

Also the option to make a couple of apps one color and the others a different one. Kind like when you are on the computer and drag the cursor to select different pictures, the one you select you can change the colors from them :)

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
More colors for tiles would be okay but it's just not that big of a deal. I am an attorney and I want a phone that works, is smart and helps me get done what I need to do and have some fun on the side. I change the colr on the tiles once every week or so and I like the light theme but some of the colors dont work that well with the light theme when I am outside or in the sunlight in a vehicle.. mostly the lime green and mango. I would like a yellow but it would need to be on the dark thme. So mostly I rotate between red and blue and teal. Not into magenta and green!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6