My brother is about to get a Nokia Lumia 800 like me and we just want to know the best way to import over all his contacts and easily link them all to his Facebook contacts. The contacts transfer app wont work because it's not supported.
    01-28-2012 11:31 AM
    How old is this device? Would you be able to sync the contacts to say GMail or Windows Live on this Blackberry?
    01-28-2012 01:53 PM
    Its a blackberry curve, we have contacts stored on the phone and not in any sort of cloud.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    01-28-2012 01:57 PM
    Its a blackberry curve, we have contacts stored on the phone and not in any sort of cloud.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    Weezy, IIRC you can use Desktop Manager to do an export from Contacts on the BB and then import to any system you like. It's been a while. I still have a BB 8530 so can test if you like.
    Also, I added a Gmail account a while ago as a contingency a while ago and when I added new contacts, it gave ma a choice of adding it to the BB or Gmail and I would add it to the Gmail so it was like doing a backup to the cloud. Doesn't help you right not, but maybe for the future.
    For now, I would try the Desktop Manager route.
    01-28-2012 03:29 PM
    Windows Phone only seems to be able to import contacts via SIM card, Live/GMail/Exchange/etc., or Microsoft Outlook WITH Microsoft Exchange.

Contacts on Windows Phone | Import Contacts from PC and Email Account | Windows Phone 7

That is why I'm asking if the Blackberry can sync contacts with GMail or Live, because once the BB syncs it and the contacts are online, you just have to add the account to the WP and it'll be there. Furthermore, since contacts are in the "cloud" if you ever lose your device or switch devices the contacts are store online.
    01-28-2012 03:40 PM
    Weezy, once you use Desktop Manager to save your contacts as a .IPD file, you can use this util to then export them to .TXT or .CSV format for any further manipulation.

MagicBerry Blackberry IPD Editor and Converter - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

It's a free util.
    01-30-2012 03:02 PM
    I believe I used BB Desktop Manager to export contacts to Outlook then up to Windows Live. From there they download themselves to the phone.
    02-01-2012 04:06 PM
    I believe I used BB Desktop Manager to export contacts to Outlook then up to Windows Live. From there they download themselves to the phone.
    That's basically what I did. I synced my BlackBerry with Outlook. Then did an export from Outlook to a CSV file. Then I imported the CSV file to the gmail account (or hotmail/Windows Live account) that I was going to use to sync with my WP7 phone. Then after I set up the WP7 phone, it automatically synced the contacts going forward.
    02-01-2012 05:32 PM
    Transfer my Data | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

I used the transfer my data to copy stuff from an old blackberry to a new lumia, it worked like a charm. After it's in the lumia, store it in the cloud and there ya have it.
    04-03-2014 10:32 AM
    Nokia has a Contact Transfer app that looks like it would work... if the Blackberry has Bluetooth
    04-06-2014 03:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD