What Tile Layout do you use?

lildanny2096

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
well...lol im not really creative as it is...so i was wondering what typeof tilelayouts u use for ur home screen. if u guys could take apicture and post? that way i could get a feel of how to set up mine. frankly my current tile layout feels chunky and missplaced. lol ohh and what type of theme color do you use and do u use black or white background. Add wallpapers for green layout <3

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok I tend to change colors a lot but these are the things are all consistent trough all my layouts.

1-Wallpaper the same color as theme.
2-The tiles that change colors according to theme are always the top ones.
3-Change the picture hub background to something with the same accent color.

That alone should give you some uniformity to your layout :)

Bonus points if your Me tile picture is also the same color.

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I change my accent color a lot, although I do wish there was more customization for that. But who doesn't? Lol. Anyway, I keep the apps I use th most at the top of the screen (I.e. Phone, messaging, people hub, primary email, Xbox live, and IE). Then, I have a four tile picture of me and my son in black and white then after that are app I use often like me hub, other email, wpcentral, etc.

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I'll check that app ASAP.

I have my Me, People,Calling,Messaging and Calendar as my first 5 apps. Then two groups on the bottom of the main screen Left: Friends, Right: Work.

Bottom of that is all party zone :p

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I have an ICP theme going on. Brown/dark, and I have a couple dozen ICP wallpapers downloaded and marked as favorites, so the pictures hub tile shuffles through them. Then I have like four last.fm stations pinned of various Psychopathic Records artists, and of course the Zune tile displays whomever I last listened to. I made my lock screen using Metro wallpaper creator thingy, and it's three shots of Violent J.

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Here's my layout. No matter how I change themes/colors or what apps I have pinned to the home screen I always come back to this same layout - most used "system apps" up top, calendar as divider, colored tiled apps, picture hub with theme color as divider, then a couple of random apps and settings. The reason I tend to stick with the light theme is because I don't have the best eyesight and its easier to read.

View attachment 20203

View attachment 20204

View attachment 20206

View attachment 20207

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Ok from left to right, top to bottom: phone, people, Youversion online Bible, messaging, HTC hub, IE, marketplace, pictures, Zune, games, settings, WP central, calendar, Gmail, easyTube. I'm currently using black/red theme, and my wallpaper is a picture of the lake on my property at sunset, taken with my HD7.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Here's my layout. No matter how I change themes/colors or what apps I have pinned to the home screen I always come back to this same layout - most used "system apps" up top, calendar as divider, colored tiled apps, picture hub with theme color as divider, then a couple of random apps and settings. The reason I tend to stick with the light theme is because I don't have the best eyesight and its easier to read.

View attachment 20203

View attachment 20204

View attachment 20206

View attachment 20207

Three questions:
1 What level of unlock?
2 How did you get black tiles?
3 Is it possible to attach pics from the mobile version of this site? (I only have internet access through my phone)

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site

View attachment 20203

View attachment 20204

View attachment 20206

View attachment 20207

I'm jelly.

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Three questions:
1 What level of unlock?
2 How did you get black tiles?
3 Is it possible to attach pics from the mobile version of this site? (I only have internet access through my phone)

1 - Developer + Interop. Window break gives both for the Focus.
2 - Advanced Config. Its a homebrew app from the XDA forums. Lets you have any color you want as your theme color.
3 - No idea. Don't think so.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Weather and Clock is an LG exclusive and is a pretty darn good weather app. If it wasn't for the lack of live tile I wouldn't use anything else.

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
bigkevbosky what app is the weather and clock tile? i searched weather and clock in the market and nothing came up.

Like Winterfang said its an LG only app. When you have developer + interop you can load XAP files that let you download any manufacturer app. Like the ESPN one is the Nokia exclusive app. Not all work, though. The flashlight app from HTC, for example.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
How can you get that XAP thingy? yesterday I saw a client with an HD7 and he also had black tiles and told me the same thing. But I'm afraid Microsoft may do something weird since the guy was using it, to pirate apps. I just want pretty tiles and Nokia Drive.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Mine is pretty simple

Phone -- People
HTC Hub
Messaging -- Linked Inbox
Wife -- Sister-in-law
IE -- Gchat (it's going away though, always crashing what a piece of junk)
Pictures--favorites set with pics of the kid so they cycle through
Zuuune -- Marketplace
Calendar

Verizon red
edit: lock screen wallpaper is another pic of the kid of course.

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
How can you get that XAP thingy? yesterday I saw a client with an HD7 and he also had black tiles and told me the same thing. But I'm afraid Microsoft may do something weird since the guy was using it, to pirate apps. I just want pretty tiles and Nokia Drive.

I try to stay off Microsoft's radar. I don't connect to any services like Skydrive or Xbox Live and deleted my phone from their database on Windows Live.

I don't know if they'd consider Nokia Drive "pirating" an app but I feel it's worth it. The worst they could do is ban my device from the marketplace and I'd have to sideload all my apps. I doubt they have a problem with it though considering I do pay for plenty of apps.

If you want to know how to sideload XAP tiles you may want to search the XDA forums. Its not complicated at all but takes a few steps to get your PC and phone prepared.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte