Orange UK 8107 (anyone got it?)

Rallicat

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Hi, just wondering if anyone with a Windows Phone locked to Orange (in the UK), has seen the 8107 update?

Over at WMPoweruser they reported that Orange UK and T-Mobile UK had both started rolling out the update some time ago ... however I still haven't seen it yet..... and yeah, I know .. patience etc, but has anyone else on Orange UK got the update yet?

Many thanks.

TGBmark1234

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I think those stories were just nonsense that got copied from site to site without any fact checking. I'm still waiting with my T-Mobile UK Omnia 7.

freypal

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm on Orange UK with my Omnia 7. No update yet, says 7740 up to date.

I beleive the stories reported on WMPoweruser were nonesense.

TGBmark1234

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Are your phones Orange branded, or unbranded?

I knew it would be pointless, but I just phoned T-Mobile to ask. The guy had no info, but did text me a link to a webpage he said would list the available updates. Unfortunately, what I thought could be a useful page turned into a flop with a customised 404 error saying: "MUNCH. BUUUURP. Sorry about this but the page you were after has obviously been gobbled up by our greedy Android Bot."

There was also a slightly weird picture of a collapsed Android. I'll leave you to make your own mind up as to what the purple squares represent...

http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/phone-support/software-updates

freypal

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Even if i manually scan for updates in Zune i get none. SweeneyUK will have an unbranded phone since Orange don't offer the Titan.

I wonder what phone PaulMD has?

sweeneyuk

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
I bought the phone advertised as locked to orange but looks unbranded as no orange apps were installed so probably unbranded :-/

Sent from my TITAN X310e using Board Express

paulmd

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I've got a Titan, bought on an Orange contract through retailer. Can't remember for sure if it had the orange apps pre-installed though.

mattpga

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
i've just asked orangehelpers on twitter, they say :

It's being worked on but we don't have any release information I'm afraid.

So we'll just have to wait impatiently for now.

freypal

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I've got a Titan, bought on an Orange contract through retailer. Can't remember for sure if it had the orange apps pre-installed though.

Ah that explains it. It would be an open market phone then just using the Orange network.

And the twitter comment, so it seems Orange haven't actually released this yet.

freypal

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Just checked twitter...

@OrangeHelpers Hey guys, do u have any news on the wp7 update 8107? Really would like the bouncy keyboard fixed!!
20 hours ago
in reply to ↑

@OrangeHelpersOrange Helpers UK
I'm sorry we still don't have any info on it at this time. ^Andy

Orange have been truly apalling when it's come to updates

mattpga

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Just checked twitter...

@OrangeHelpers Hey guys, do u have any news on the wp7 update 8107? Really would like the bouncy keyboard fixed!!
20 hours ago
in reply to ↑

@OrangeHelpersOrange Helpers UK
I'm sorry we still don't have any info on it at this time. ^Andy

Orange have been truly apalling when it's come to updates
yep. i will be sticking with windows phone when its time to upgrade later this year, but probably not with orange. Not sure if anyone else will be better though. its not availableon t-mob yet either

TGBmark1234

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
You'll probably be better off getting an unbranded phone, then carrier doesn't matter. I think Giff Gaff is generally the cheapest. However even this doesn't guarantee you happyness - I think an unbranded Omnia 7 still won't have internet tethering enabled, for example.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05