February is Fitness Month! Week One and Two

sirovnikmitja

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
NUTRITION: done
STRENGTH TRAINING: starting with 1 set, increasing to 4 during a week
CARDIO TRAINING: jumping jacks in the morning, rope skipping at lunch time, running in the evening

Yesterday was my cheat day, today I began with WEEK 1.

Thank you WPCentral and one of my friends who taught me how to make correct squats.

Update 1: Instead of running I am cleaning snow of my 6 parking places.

Last edited:

YoungFritz

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I already run a couple times a week but, the sugary stuff is definitely a must.

Coffee without sugar/sweetener ftw! :p
I'll do 2-3 sets of 20 push ups, sit ups, and squats as well.
I needa lose some fat because of some wager I agreed to.. :mad:

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Wot no Jelly Babies? Cor Blimey!
Oh you don't know what you're missing 5tephen. Mmmmmmmm :p

Just go ahead and tease me then! It's bad enough that I have to wait practically all day to see the new episode of Doctor Who (and even harder to not see any spoilers about it), but no Jelly Babies is just rubbing salt in the wounds :(

cdbstl76

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Completed my 15 minutes of cardio goal three times this week by playing Dance Central with my daughter. Glad no one but her could see it.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Completed my 15 minutes of cardio goal three times this week by playing Dance Central with my daughter. Glad no one but her could see it.

Selkbag-Gaming-Dance-Central.jpg

That's what you think cdbstl76 ! :lol:

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I haven't been doing so well with the sugary drinks. I've had sweet tea at least half of the days since I started! And I had a soda as well (though I don't drink much soda normally). I can't live without sweet tea, though. I did do about 6 miles of mountain biking yesterday, which was great. Oh well, I'll keep trying.

ShortStuff

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Wow I just got a gym membership 2 days ago so these challenges came at a perfect time. Week ones challenge for me will be 15 Mins of cardio at least 3 times this week but I wanna up it to 4 days ^_^
Alright 3 out of 5 days I got my cardio done :) tomorrows gonna be my rest day and then it's bake to work ^_^

paulbram

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
My goal is to totally eliminate wheat. That's right, wheat. Did you know that two slices of whole grain bread causes a higher spike in blood sugar than a Snikers bar? Nearly twice as much!

I actually just started a few days ago already.

Goal? 3 pounds first week. Bonus points for 5 pounds!

Update time! My last weight shows i've lost 7 pounds! I know what you're thinking: "how much are you exercising?" Zero, nada.

Seriously, most people think exercise is so important, then continue loading up on carbs/gluten. Drop the wheat, drop the weight. It's been hard avoiding wheat based products all week, but I'm feeling great so far. Started at 212, down to down to 205.

Side effect of dropping wheat? I don't get hungry every few hours like I used to. I simply eat 3 meals a day, with a few fatty nuts and cheese if I need a snack.

Recommended book (my inspiration): Wheat Belly

edit: yes, I know exercise is important, I'm just very busy with two kids and haven't found the time yet. I'm sure this quick weight drop will slow down and I'll need to start exercising more to continue the loss.

waynejk

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Week 1 complete!

Week 1: completed with 4 days of cardio ending with today's 4 mile bike ride... in 34-dregree temps nonetheless. How's that for dedication?!

George Ponder

Editor
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
Week 1 Prize Winner

We randomly selected a winner from all the posts in this discussion and the winner of Week 1's giveaway is:

paulbram​

We'll be contacting paulbram shortly with details on his gift certificate. If you didn't win, don't give up hope. We'll have another drawing next week for another WPCentral Accessory Store gift certificate. And remember at the end of the month, we'll be giving away an Xbox 360 and Kinect.

Good luck everyone!

ShortStuff

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Alright this week I think im going to both up my cardio to at least 40mins for 3 days and do the 10 push UPS and stuff every morning. Last week was awesome! And since the bringing of the year I've already lost 10lbs ^_^

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss