Contact History (Emails)

campbellc

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I work in sales and 80% of my contacts are business related. I've notice when I pull up a contact and scroll to the history section that there are a lot of emails attched to a paricular customer inncorrectly. It appears that the email are linked based on the subject line. This is a problem for me because I send a lot of emails with the same subject line. For instance, ABC Company Folllow Up or Price Quote Follow Up. If I send an email to Jane Doe that says "Follow Up" and I send another email to Fred Jones that says "Follow Up" they will both show up in each others history. Kind of frustrating.

Hope this makes sense??

Emails and text messages should be linked base on the addressee not subject line.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

LinT

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
mine doesnt do that (at least not like you described). If i go into my emails (exchange) and open one, then click on the sender, it brings up the "contact". Then i scroll to history, i see only the emails and txt's FROM that person. From there, if i click on one of those emails, it will show me all the emails in the thread (regardless of the sender). Hope that makes sense....

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Gonna have to check this, but it does not make any sense. If the emails are not being sorted by addressee, how does WP know to put the message in Jane or Fred's profile in the first place. Don't really send messages with the same Subject, but will do it as a test.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

campbellc

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Just to further clarify....I'm acutally looking at my phone now. In the history section of a contact I see......

two weeks ago
ABC Follow Up
6 emails 1/16

When I open that folder I have 6 emails all from "ME" Only 1 of those emails is to the contact who's profile I am actaully viewing.

The other 5 are to other contacts that I emailed with the same subject line which is "ABC Follow Up".

These are all in my sent folders by the way.

Very strange.

Thank you for such a quick reply.

hwalker84

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I can confirm 100% that when I check a contacts history it shows only emails i've sent to that person or group that person is in and emails that person has sent to me or groups i'm in.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
but do those emails have specificly different references his are generic followup as opposed to a specific issue to be fololowed up, which could be what th op needs to do is specify what in a differentited way to work qrounbd the issue.

campbellc

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
This only happens when the subject line is duplicated.

I have since begun personalizing every subject line to avoid a cluttered contact history.

Perhaps somebody could send out a couple of emails individually to different contacts with the same subject line?

Let's see what happens.

Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven