message alerts keepgoing off

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Samsung Focus-AT&T
Don't know what is going on here, When you turn up volume from vib to ring all of sudden you starting getting alerts like you have a email or text messages wainting and it doesn't stop ringing. This also happens when powering on the phone. I have not changed anything that I know of so I do not know what to do next. I did talk to at&t they think a hard reset may work. If I do it will I lose my contacts and pictures or can I save them some how.
Any idea please let me know!
Thanks the general,

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Hi pmhgeneral, try removing the battery for a few seconds if you haven't already tried it.

If you do a handest reset you will completly wipe your phone of everything and you will have to start from scratch setting everything up and reinstalling your apps. You will alose lose any game saves too.

If you connect your phone to a PC via Zune you should be able to backup your photos, if you haven't already upped them to SkyDrive.

Your app history and contacts should be stored on your live account which can be verified by signing into your account at windowsphone.com

Try a battery pull first though as the reset is really a last resort action.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi pmhgeneral, try removing the battery for a few seconds if you haven't already tried it.

If you do a handest reset you will completly wipe your phone of everything and you will have to start from scratch setting everything up and reinstalling your apps. You will alose lose any game saves too.

If you connect your phone to a PC via Zune you should be able to backup your photos, if you haven't already upped them to SkyDrive.

Your app history and contacts should be stored on your live account which can be verified by signing into your account at windowsphone.com

Try a battery pull first though as the reset is really a last resort action.
ok I removed battery and still having problems, what do you think I should do next. If I put the volume to vib I have no arlets going off???
Sorry I was out of town so I was not able to get back to earlier.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Hi pmhgeneral, to be honest I haven't a clue why you have non stop alerts, I've never heard of that before.

If anyone has any suggestions for pmhgeneral before he does a phone reset, please feel free to chirp in. :)

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Could a 3rd party application be causing it? What applications have you installed?

Myself, I wouldn't waste anymore time. I would just do a reset.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos