What happens with music making and creative apps?

Muvolt

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
The problem with WP7 Marketplace is not that we have less apps...it's that there are only a few really exciting apps. Everyday I mostly see recycled concepts and mediocre attempts. We don't even have proper and creative sound apps (synthesizers and other music making apps). What does Microsoft do for that? Moog Music (one of the most legendary analog synthesizer companies), have released their first digital instrument in the form of an iOS app. Has Microsoft tried to approach them with some way and persuade them to make a WP7 app? For how long we will continue to see exciting and creative apps in other phones without having some of them in WP7?

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Those type of apps will come in time. High end games as well. Developers for those things will wait till the platform gains a little more ground, but I bet many of them are already planning on creating apps for Windows 8 along with Windows Phone for later this year, so I'd bet a few of them are already starting development in preparation for a larger userbase.

keyboardP

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
It's important to remember that those types of apps aren't quite possible on the phone just yet. Developers don't have access to the audio to the degree that's required to create the type of apps you're discussing. Once Microsoft expand their API, and I'm sure they will, you'll likely see a lot more music making apps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs