Bing failed me hard on the superbowl.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Both Bing Vision & Bing Audio.

First Audio, before Madonna's performance there was a commercial with her and LMAO. This commercial ask us to stay tune and bring out Shazam when they where singing together to get access to this remix.

Cue to the song and "No matches found".

Then Bing Vision, There was this Go Daddy commercial that show some tag on the screen, I bring out Vision and it failed to even find it.

So so disappointed.

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Pretty sure if they said to bring out shazam it was an exclusive to them maybe?

Didn't try to scan the godaddy qr code myself.

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Isn't Bing Vision just Shazam but integrated?

Its a similar type of application, but its Microsofts audio recognition which they've programmed to recognize things in their service (zune).

If Shazam had some sort of advertised exclusive access to a "mix", then you may have only been able to access it from their database. Not sure, was just a speculation since I didn't fully pay attention.

Shazam probably had that mix queue'd up on their servers, and Microsofts service may not even have that song in their database at all.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I guess. I'm still dissapointed, felt like a second class citizen.

Hey! check this cool feature for all smartphone owners. Except Windows Phone owners... :(

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

Hey! check this cool feature for all smartphone owners. Except Windows Phone owners... :(

Shazam has an app on all platforms including windows phone, so we would have just had to use that like everybody else. :)

Exomondo

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

Well no, it's 'check out this cool feature for all shazam users', which of course includes Windows Phone.

Naturally if it's a shazam-exclusive what that means is that any competing services will fail to identify it as they don't have the song and aren't able to fingerprint it to be able to identify it. There's really nothing Microsoft - or anyone else - can do about that.

Siah1214

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
If you'd used the Shazam app you would have gotten it. Bing audio doesn't work with live performances, it says that when you first hit the button.
Furthermore, Bing vision was probably just saving you from ****ty advertising, and that, my friend, is a plus for the WP7 platform.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Ya, commercials that say to use Shazam (which also occur out side of the superbowl btw) won't work with ANY audio service other than Shazam. Had you used SoundHound you would have had the same problem. Because they are not real songs as recoded by the artist, only Shazam has the info on their servers and only Shazam can recognize them and bring up the relavent info. As others stated, Shazam is available for Windows Phone, so it really isn't Microsoft's fault you didn't properly follow the instructions. As far as the GoDaddy one, not sure what happened for you there.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Bing is great is one of my most used features. Compared to Google? Yeah it sucks but I can use Bing with peace of mind.

Anyway, I'm still disappointed.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
you could of just used the FREE WP shazam app... LOL!

ive never had big vision fail on me. NOT once...

as for google.. lol if you think its better...( i use Google as default on my PC ) BUT! i always go back to BING now lol cause Google always fails me..... lik ALWAYS! specially google map... its soo horrible. lags like a Mother F**** always find me the LONGEST routes. bah.

funny story , i took my G-F to a BBQ last summer,, google map got me there in 45min .. BING map got me home in 15min.. LOL!

johnmcd348

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Why would you have wanted to do that in the first place? The half time show sucked.

The light show was pretty decent though. I felt really bad for CeeLo.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs