HD7 vs Radar vs Lumina on Tmobile US

blackhawk7188

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah the 900 might be $99. Also, if the Titan II is $199, then we can assume the original Titan will drop to $99.

The original Focus has dropped to $49 while the Focus S is $199. I would think it might drop more, or honestly less. Focus was out a couple years, current Titan what 6 months? I would take a shot at 149 with a 50 dollar mail in rebate after the Titan II.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Since you're on the Monthly 4G plan, take a look over at Calling Mart for refills. No tax, no fees, get your PIN in an email, and get referral points from others who buy there (when you give them your link). Alpinestars1Z introduced me to them. If you're going to order for them, I'd be *real* thankful if you used my link so that I get a little credit points.

Haha, spreading the love, eh? :p

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
The Lumia 900 may be just 99$ dollars. Surely can be that bad.

It's already been announced. The 900 will be $99/2 year contract. If you don't want to settle for the HD7S, the Samsung Focus Flash is a great midrange device and I think it's $50/2 year. I would wait for the 900... It's only 5 weeks away!

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Well let's just see what's going to be announced later this month. Probably the Lumia 1000.

An apollo Nokia device with:

Quad-core processor
HD Clearblack Amoled resolution
20MP Carl Seiz camera
8MP front facing camera
Half as slim as the RAZR
6000m Battery
1TB harddrive
4GB ram
Waterproof
Shock proof
Comes out in all colors in all carriers.

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Well let's just see what's going to be announced later this month. Probably the Lumia 1000.

An apollo Nokia device with:

Quad-core processor
HD Clearblack Amoled resolution
20MP Carl Seiz camera
8MP front facing camera
Half as slim as the RAZR
6000m Battery
1TB harddrive
4GB ram
Waterproof
Shock proof
Comes out in all colors in all carriers.

HAH! If only this was the case. Problem is, with that 1TB of storage this phone would be too expensive for my tastes lol

blackhawk7188

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Haha. My inspirion would be as good as that phone. Can't wait anyway and I wouldn't trust any carrier to release a phone on time according to your estimates. My HD7 is a great phone and the HD7S will be just a little better. Plus I use up the 16gb of storage so the focus flash wouldn't be good enough. I don't want to downgrade my screen size either. The gaming rocks on this screen.

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
For you, I was also going to suggest the Focus Flash, a near free second Gen WP with a better screen, better gaming and processor abilities, and the same size screen as the Radar. You would have less memory, but again that does not sound like a problem for you. I liked the HD7S a ton when it was out, but I guarantee that the better processor in the 2nd Gen devices will handle the upgrades on Apollo much smoother than the 1st Gen devices will. It will be worth the money for a 2 year commitment.

As for your wife, I am sure she might do better with all the selections from.Android out there. I truly think you should kick around Android Central to see. The Captivate was a very, very good phone for it's day, but inexpensive Androids are easier to come by, and again you sound like a couple that sticks with their phones for the full term. It would be a shame to settle for less.

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I've been able to spend some time with my recently acquired HD7 and my wife's new Lumia 710. The Lumia is by far a snappier, speedier device. It just works faster. I'd prefer it, but then the screen is a little too small for my tastes.

blackhawk7188

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
For you, I was also going to suggest the Focus Flash, a near free second Gen WP with a better screen, better gaming and processor abilities, and the same size screen as the Radar. You would have less memory, but again that does not sound like a problem for you. I liked the HD7S a ton when it was out, but I guarantee that the better processor in the 2nd Gen devices will handle the upgrades on Apollo much smoother than the 1st Gen devices will. It will be worth the money for a 2 year commitment.

As for your wife, I am sure she might do better with all the selections from.Android out there. I truly think you should kick around Android Central to see. The Captivate was a very, very good phone for it's day, but inexpensive Androids are easier to come by, and again you sound like a couple that sticks with their phones for the full term. It would be a shame to settle for less.

I got my HD7S last night and it is sooooo much prettier than the HD7. Screen quality is amazing and runs great for what I use it for. Cost me $.01. Got my wife the Captivate before you even suggested it, upgraded it to Gingerbread and so far she likes it better than the old HD7. Once again it cost 1 penny. Total to get everything 2 cents and free shipping. Cant complain about that.

Comparison on signal. On Tmobile I lived in the 2G area (yes 2G) and traveled 50 miles having a 12 mile dead zone on the way and getting into a 3G ares where I work. Low signal almost everywhere. On att, 3G everywhere, home, work, no dead zone. I am more than satisified with that. Woot.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm very glad you are happy. I'm still torned between the AT&T or T-mobile ordeal, on T-mobile I'll be saving 20 bucks compared to AT&T.

Both plans however, are more expensive that what I'm currently paying.

tbonenga

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
If games are your thing and you travel the Nokia 900 would've been a better pick. Exclusive EA games and Nokia drive a top notch free GPS. Secondly you just bought 1st Gen technology when in a few more months 3rd Gen technology will be hitting the streets. if your happy I guess that's all that matters. I know you want be to happy with your ATT bill if your coming from Tmo. I guess if Tmo had lousy service in your area you didn't have a choice. I'm lucky. I have great 3g and 4g from Tmo throughout my whole area at a fraction of the cost.

blackhawk7188

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
We dont really have full Gen 2 tech out there. Only a faster processor on the Titan the Focus models at twice the price, with the Focus flash you get less memory. Ok the EA games that have to offical release date other than rumors nor a device that isnt out yet. Not much of a gain there. I dont go off rumors on when devices will be released until you see them out. That goes will all electronic devices and software. Until the date of release it is a pipe dream to expect anything in the near future. I spent a penny and have fun with my device. I was tempted to take my wifes Captivate because it is a little better but I am happy with what I have.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6