Any interest in a St. Louis WP7 Meetup?

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Is there anyone interested in a Windows Phone 7 Meetup in St. Louis, MO? I have been running the STL webOS Meetup for the past six months and I know of some real nice venues to host meetups. Now that I have dove into the WP7 world (and am liking it a lot), I'd like to test the waters regarding a meetup.

I have already created a Twitter account for STL WP Meetup. You can follow here: https://twitter.com/STLWPMeetup

I will post updates to it as they relate to upcoming meetups and just general chatter about Windows Phone. I have an inside source at Nokia who I hope to be working with soon regarding these meetups. I can't give a timetable regarding Nokia involvement, but I feel confident it would be within 2-3 months.

What do you say?

davestls

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Is there anyone interested in a Windows Phone 7 Meetup in St. Louis, MO? I have been running the STL webOS Meetup for the past six months and I know of some real nice venues to host meetups. Now that I have dove into the WP7 world (and am liking it a lot), I'd like to test the waters regarding a meetup.

I have already created a Twitter account for STL WP Meetup. You can follow here: https://twitter.com/STLWPMeetup

I will post updates to it as they relate to upcoming meetups and just general chatter about Windows Phone. I have an inside source at Nokia who I hope to be working with soon regarding these meetups. I can't give a timetable regarding Nokia involvement, but I feel confident it would be within 2-3 months.

What do you say?
Yes, very interested, I have a friend as well that may be interested as well. Please announce any plans via twitter. Phone HTC Hd7 T-mobile

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Yes, very interested, I have a friend as well that may be interested as well. Please announce any plans via twitter. Phone HTC Hd7 T-mobile

Awesome, Dave. I see that you followed me and I have returned the favor. I should have a meetup organized in 3-6 weeks. I am working hard on getting a contact at Microsoft who would want to be involved with the meetup. Maybe we can get some t-shirts or something, who knows. I'll keep you informed here and on Twitter. I look forward to meeting you and your friend in the future!

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
if i get the chance to visit US someday i will thank you :)
and its great idea i hope more people join good luck again

I do hope you can come to the US someday. But don't just go to New York or LA. There's a whole lot more to the US than just those two cities.

Thanks for the kind words. It seems like people are becoming aware of the meetup I'm organizing, so I think it will be a success. You should do the same for your city. Make a WP7 meetup. I've done this sort of thing before, so I could help you if you had questions.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I think that's a pretty neat idea. Of course I'd be thrilled just to see someone else using a WP. If I lived close to St. Louis I'd be there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea