Any interest in a St. Louis WP7 Meetup?

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
True, but I wouldn't know where to start. I don't even know another person with a WP. :(

Sent from my Windows7 Phone using Board Express

Listen, if I can do it, you can too. When I started the STL HP webOS Meetup I didn't know a soul over here that had webOS. But, between getting on Twitter and marketing the meetup on webOS Nation Forums, I got a real solid group going. It just takes a little work, but you can do it. Would you like me to PM you tomorrow? I'm going to bed in just a bit and won't be online much longer.

I also do not know a single person in the STL area with WP7. But look at the interest I've gotten here and on Twitter. People are going to come to the meetup once I get it all settled. It will happen and people will be there all because I took the time to market it. You can do the same, I promise.

You can't fail unless you try.

steve70

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Well said. If you need a meeting place, my gal is the manager at Triumph in midtown near the Fox. Could have a private room set up or whatever accommodations needed.

Sent from my TiTaN WP7 using Board Express

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Well said. If you need a meeting place, my gal is the manager at Triumph in midtown near the Fox. Could have a private room set up or whatever accommodations needed.

Wow, thanks Steve. I may take you up on that in the future. What cost is associated with the private room?

steve70

May 25, 2011
Visit site
No cost, I'll just have her put in a reservation. There is good food, plenty of beverage choices and also a motorcycle museum attached that is really interesting. Great place to check out.

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
No cost, I'll just have her put in a reservation. There is good food, plenty of beverage choices and also a motorcycle museum attached that is really interesting. Great place to check out.

Cool, brother. I just want to find a nice, private, quiet place where we WP7 nerds can chat it up and have a nice time.

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Can I get a link to your @twitter or Steveo can get it to me, almost forgot I'll see him this weekend :D

You may need a remedial forum reading class. Ha! We'll do that on the WP7 Meetup date. Just kidding! See you soon. And thanks for your interest.

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Hey everybody. I've been busy on the organization backend of this STL WP Meetup. It's going to happen, most likely, in the first half of April. I have registered us a GroupSpaces account (similar to Meetup.com, but free) here: St. Louis Windows Phone Meetup : GroupSpaces

As always, follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/STLWPMeetup

I have been in contact with a representative of Nokia's Developer and Community Relations team. We've got things cooking, but nothing concrete yet. I am sure we'll see some form of Nokia support for this STL WP Meetup in the future. Count on it.

In the mean time, fellow STLers, come by the GroupSpaces page and join in. I'll keep you up to date on all events, tentative events, comments, news, and ideas for future meetups. It should be fun.

When I schedule a meetup you'll see it on the Twitter account, GroupSpaces page, here on this forum's Windows Phone Meetups section, and [drumroll please] on WP Central's front page news feed. Nice! Thanks, WP Central admins.

See you all very soon.

sr!

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Cool Speed touch. I'm from ATL, but now in STL. Not sure if I'll b in town in April tho'. If I'm still here, I can b sure to b at the meetup. Hopefully I'll also have my first wp7 phone by then. So I don't have to bring my iphone 3gs.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Saw it via Twitter. Joined up. Sent a text to bvan314.

Excellent, Steve. Thanks for joining. I look forward to seeing your friend there as well.

Cool Speed touch. I'm from ATL, but now in STL. Not sure if I'll b in town in April tho'. If I'm still here, I can b sure to b at the meetup. Hopefully I'll also have my first wp7 phone by then. So I don't have to bring my iphone 3gs.

No problem at all, you should still sign up at Group Spaces, that way you don't miss any event dates. If you're here, then you're welcome to come whether you have an WP7 phone or not. If you're not here, then we'll catch you next time.

Whereabouts in ATL? I've lived in Acworth, Kennesaw, and Marietta right near the Big Chicken.

sr!

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
No problem at all, you should still sign up at Group Spaces, that way you don't miss any event dates. If you're here, then you're welcome to come whether you have an WP7 phone or not. If you're not here, then we'll catch you next time.

Whereabouts in ATL? I've lived in Acworth, Kennesaw, and Marietta right near the Big Chicken.

Thank you sir! I look forward. by the way, we do have few things in common - webOS refugee (granted, i only used TP and not Pre) now WP7 enthusiasts, lived in ATL now in STL.. nice.
I live in the Vinings area. so I'm very familiar with Marietta and Kennesaw.

Anyway, thanks for the invite. I will signup tonight. And I'll also follow you on twitter.

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Thank you sir! I look forward. by the way, we do have few things in common - webOS refugee (granted, i only used TP and not Pre) now WP7 enthusiasts, lived in ATL now in STL.. nice.
I live in the Vinings area. so I'm very familiar with Marietta and Kennesaw.

Anyway, thanks for the invite. I will signup tonight. And I'll also follow you on twitter.

Hehe, another webOS Refugee. We are a sad lot, indeed.

That's good news on your trying to come. I hope to see you there. And thanks for signing up and following. Every person who follows me and every person who signs up at GroupSpaces helps the STL WP Meetup make a bigger blip on the radars of Nokia and Microsoft.

Ah ha, Vinings. I used to be down there all the time for work-related things on Cumberland Blvd. Wonderful area.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre