03-16-2012 05:23 PM
40 12
tools
    Is there anyone interested in a Windows Phone 7 Meetup in St. Louis, MO? I have been running the STL webOS Meetup for the past six months and I know of some real nice venues to host meetups. Now that I have dove into the WP7 world (and am liking it a lot), I'd like to test the waters regarding a meetup.

I have already created a Twitter account for STL WP Meetup. You can follow here: https://twitter.com/STLWPMeetup

I will post updates to it as they relate to upcoming meetups and just general chatter about Windows Phone. I have an inside source at Nokia who I hope to be working with soon regarding these meetups. I can't give a timetable regarding Nokia involvement, but I feel confident it would be within 2-3 months.

What do you say?
    cedarlog likes this.
    02-06-2012 01:46 PM
    Too bad I live in California. :P
    02-06-2012 01:48 PM
    Too bad I live in California. :P
    Yeah, too bad. Why don't you move out of there? Then move to the STL area and attend upcoming meetups. :)
    02-06-2012 02:09 PM
    I was stationed in St Louis for a while at the foot of iron street.

Sent from my HTC 7 Trophy
    02-06-2012 02:21 PM
    Yeah, too bad. Why don't you move out of there? Then move to the STL area and attend upcoming meetups. :)
    Haha, I got to finish college first.

If I ever go on a road trip though, I'll be sure to stop by. :P
    02-06-2012 04:03 PM
    Count me in! Just started following you.
    speedtouch likes this.
    02-18-2012 08:56 AM
    I don't even know where Saint Louis is located sorry.
    02-18-2012 09:02 AM
    Count me in! Just started following you.
    Excellent! I'll try to get something going within the next two months.
    02-18-2012 10:00 AM
    I don't even know where Saint Louis is located sorry.
    That would be St. Louis, Missouri, USA. You're welcome to fly in any time, Winterfang!
    02-18-2012 10:01 AM
    Is there anyone interested in a Windows Phone 7 Meetup in St. Louis, MO? I have been running the STL webOS Meetup for the past six months and I know of some real nice venues to host meetups. Now that I have dove into the WP7 world (and am liking it a lot), I'd like to test the waters regarding a meetup.

I have already created a Twitter account for STL WP Meetup. You can follow here: https://twitter.com/STLWPMeetup

I will post updates to it as they relate to upcoming meetups and just general chatter about Windows Phone. I have an inside source at Nokia who I hope to be working with soon regarding these meetups. I can't give a timetable regarding Nokia involvement, but I feel confident it would be within 2-3 months.

What do you say?
    Yes, very interested, I have a friend as well that may be interested as well. Please announce any plans via twitter. Phone HTC Hd7 T-mobile
    steve70 likes this.
    02-27-2012 03:21 PM
    Yes, very interested, I have a friend as well that may be interested as well. Please announce any plans via twitter. Phone HTC Hd7 T-mobile
    Awesome, Dave. I see that you followed me and I have returned the favor. I should have a meetup organized in 3-6 weeks. I am working hard on getting a contact at Microsoft who would want to be involved with the meetup. Maybe we can get some t-shirts or something, who knows. I'll keep you informed here and on Twitter. I look forward to meeting you and your friend in the future!
    02-27-2012 03:26 PM
    I'm game. Have a friend who would also be interested.
    02-27-2012 03:59 PM
    I'm game. Have a friend who would also be interested.
    That's great, Steve. I see you followed me and I returned the favor, too. Send your friend my way and we'll get this show on the road soon!
    02-27-2012 04:13 PM
    i would love to but im not from us
    good luck :)
    02-27-2012 04:18 PM
    i would love to but im not from us
    good luck :)
    Don't be scared, I like foreigners! :) You and Winterfang can fly here and and we'll have a real nice time.
    02-27-2012 04:20 PM
    Don't be scared, I like foreigners! :) You and Winterfang can fly here and and we'll have a real nice time.
    if i get the chance to visit US someday i will thank you :)
    and its great idea i hope more people join good luck again
    speedtouch likes this.
    02-27-2012 04:45 PM
    if i get the chance to visit US someday i will thank you :)
    and its great idea i hope more people join good luck again
    I do hope you can come to the US someday. But don't just go to New York or LA. There's a whole lot more to the US than just those two cities.

Thanks for the kind words. It seems like people are becoming aware of the meetup I'm organizing, so I think it will be a success. You should do the same for your city. Make a WP7 meetup. I've done this sort of thing before, so I could help you if you had questions.
    11B1P likes this.
    02-27-2012 06:56 PM
    I think that's a pretty neat idea. Of course I'd be thrilled just to see someone else using a WP. If I lived close to St. Louis I'd be there.
    speedtouch likes this.
    02-27-2012 07:40 PM
    I think that's a pretty neat idea. Of course I'd be thrilled just to see someone else using a WP. If I lived close to St. Louis I'd be there.
    Well, you should make a meetup for Lake Charles. Someone's got to, why shouldn't it be you? :)
    02-27-2012 08:31 PM
    Well, you should make a meetup for Lake Charles. Someone's got to, why shouldn't it be you? :)
    True, but I wouldn't know where to start. I don't even know another person with a WP. :(

Sent from my Windows7 Phone using Board Express
    02-27-2012 09:21 PM
    True, but I wouldn't know where to start. I don't even know another person with a WP. :(

Listen, if I can do it, you can too. When I started the STL HP webOS Meetup I didn't know a soul over here that had webOS. But, between getting on Twitter and marketing the meetup on webOS Nation Forums, I got a real solid group going. It just takes a little work, but you can do it. Would you like me to PM you tomorrow? I'm going to bed in just a bit and won't be online much longer.

I also do not know a single person in the STL area with WP7. But look at the interest I've gotten here and on Twitter. People are going to come to the meetup once I get it all settled. It will happen and people will be there all because I took the time to market it. You can do the same, I promise.

You can't fail unless you try.
    02-27-2012 10:05 PM
    You can pm some info and I will check it out.

02-27-2012 11:08 PM
    Well said. If you need a meeting place, my gal is the manager at Triumph in midtown near the Fox. Could have a private room set up or whatever accommodations needed.

Sent from my TiTaN WP7 using Board Express
    speedtouch likes this.
    02-27-2012 11:12 PM
    Well said. If you need a meeting place, my gal is the manager at Triumph in midtown near the Fox. Could have a private room set up or whatever accommodations needed.

Wow, thanks Steve. I may take you up on that in the future. What cost is associated with the private room?
    steve70 likes this.
    02-28-2012 09:21 AM
    No cost, I'll just have her put in a reservation. There is good food, plenty of beverage choices and also a motorcycle museum attached that is really interesting. Great place to check out.

speedtouch likes this.
    02-28-2012 09:36 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD