Lockscreen - Multiple clicks to put phone to sleep issue?

Frenzytom

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I am wondering whether anyone else has this issue where you need to click the power button multiple times for the lockscreen to make it sleep. It would go out for a second and then re-awaken. I would need to hit it about 3-4 times before it shuts off. I have a HTC Trophy if that really matters. I have a feeling it might be an app keeping it awake but I have alot of apps to go through. I searched but there doesn't seem to be an answer. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
i have that problem , but to wake up the lock screen . when i push to wake my phone , some times it doesn't wake up. and i have to do it 3-4 times.

sorta the opposite of you lol. its probably the button

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I've got an HTC HD7 as well as an HTC EVO 3D. Both have lousy power buttons that at times require multiple pushes before they activate. I think it's just bad design by HTC.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I am wondering whether anyone else has this issue where you need to click the power button multiple times for the lockscreen to make it sleep. It would go out for a second and then re-awaken. I would need to hit it about 3-4 times before it shuts off. I have a HTC Trophy if that really matters. I have a feeling it might be an app keeping it awake but I have alot of apps to go through. I searched but there doesn't seem to be an answer. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I just had this happen for the first time about 15 minutes ago on my hd7...

Frenzytom

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Does your cellphone has a cover TC? It might be the problem.
Nope, the phone is naked. The power button works most of the time and I am beginning to think it might be Zune that might be the culprit as it only happens when I play music and when the music controls appear. Normally when I am not playing music, the lockscreen works as it should.

WhiteNiteLite

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I have an HTC Surround and I've seen that happen before as well. I didn't notice a pattern, but it happened much more often before Mango. My new Lumia 800 hasn't shown any signs of doing this yet, so it leads me to think that this might be (another) HTC only bug...

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I had this problem on my Lumia 710 as well. It turns out it's the camera button accidentally being pushed. It happens when I power off the phone and Lumia 710's camera button is so subtle and easy to full press with the just grip of my hand that I would accidentally grip it and it would turn off and then back on as if it were a bug or something. It's annoying, but I think the screen times out anyway, so I don't worry about it too much.

IDK if this is what you're experiencing, but it sounds familiar to what I experience sometimes....

To test it, put your phone to sleep, and right when the screen starts to dim push the camera button and see if that replicates it.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

I have a Trophy as well. I too have noticed that sometimes when I put the phone to sleep, it comes back to the lock screen. There have been even fewer times I have had to hit the power button more than once to wake it up.

Frenzytom

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Have you scrolled through you Background Tasks to see if the possible problematic app is in there?

I did look into that but nothing seems out of place. I might just troubleshoot by shutting them off one at a time.

I did find this app called "Stop The Music" that allows you to close all the music apps and remove the music controls from the lockscreen. I have not had any issue since then.

rezzet#CB

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm somewhat confident this is software problem and is similar to disappearing keyboard. Notice how this primarily happens when you get a push notification like an instant message. I also noticed it happening when background tasks try to update tiles / notifications. I tested this with a couple of devices. Both htc and samsung brands have this issue at those particular times I mentioned. (I have the titan and tested on focus). In my opinion, the less background processes you have, less push notifications coming in, more rare this problem surfaces. But again, it's just my educated guess, nothing more.

Gmotagi

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
If you have the phone charger plugged in and switche off via the power buton phone will turn off then restart (does on my Omnia 7 at least).

Frenzytom

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, after several days of switching off apps/settings and trying to find a solution to this issue, I think I narrowed it down to ergonomics apparently. Whenever I hit the power button with my right hand, my thumb grip would hit the camera button (as someone in this thread has mentioned). Plain and simple. I could not recreate this problem as I use my left hand to switch off the phone and it has not appeared ever since.

There is a setting that allows you to switch off the camera button on wake up so it eliminates this issue. I like to have the camera button readily available so I just have to re-train my power off hand. :)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers