What I want to see in Apollo

boss.king

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
-Different volume settings for games, media, and alerts
-Custom text tones
-Make Bing services universal (image search, song identification etc available to everyone)
-Easier tab access in IE
-Let volume buttons wake the device and bring up Zune controls
-Orientation lock toggle
-General W8 integration

ubizmo

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to add my #1 WP7 gripe: The inability to select a default browser font size and be able to zoom to it, with dynamic text reflow. If my BlackBerry's webkit browser can do it, I think the WP browser should be able to do it.

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
My no.1 gripe:
No mobile TV (apart from that Sky News app)
Other:
If you press back in IE, it goes to the previous page, not an app you were in before

Last edited:

stephen_victor

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Here's my wish list:

HUBS

- Add SkyDrive hub
- Ability to add custom hubs as a solution for grouping like-apps

MAIL
- Option to change background color to black

MESSAGING
- Ability to send video via MMS
- Options to Save Picture or Save Video to SkyDrive
- Options for the long press menu on any thread: Call, Call with Skype, Copy to SkyDrive, Forward, View Profile
- Long press menu option for any single text: Copy to SkyDrive
- Add offline messaging for Facebook conversations

CAMERA ROLL
- Ability to multi-select for deletion, saving to SkyDrive, e-mailing

MUSIC + VIDEO
- Rename to Media Center to be consistent with Windows desktop
- Add E-books category
- Long press menu on music track: Bing for Lyrics, More from this Artist, Set as Ringtone
- Ability to save MP3, WMA, WMV, MPG, WAV, MIDI and AVI direct to the phone

PEOPLE
- Add field to add IM contact information
- Add ability to message users of other IM services

APPS
- Mobile version of Writer
- Mobile version of Movie Maker
- Mobile version of Photo Gallery

SETTINGS
- Ability to adjust brightness more precisely with a drag bar
- Ability to opt in to a mobile version of Family Safety to control child accounts and associated permissions texting, web browsing, etc.
- More theme colors
- Different volume levels for alerts, ringtones, etc.
- Long press on power button to present options for: Shut Down, Restart, Airplane Mode On/Off, Wi-Fi On/Off

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
push and HOLD back to go back to apps.

What I meant was,

Say im browsing, then I go to Zune, look at my messages, go to the WPcentral app, go to the Engadget app etc, then I continue browsing. Ages later, I want to look at the page before I opened the apps. I have to go through all the apps I opened before I get to the desired page, rather than just backing straight through IE and ignoring said apps. See what I mean?

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
Here's my wish list:

HUBS

- Add SkyDrive hub

MAIL

MESSAGING
- Options for the long press menu on any thread: Call, Call with Skype, Copy to SkyDrive, Forward, View Profile

CAMERA ROLL

MUSIC + VIDEO
- Add E-books category
- Long press menu on music track: Bing for Lyrics, More from this Artist, Set as Ringtone

PEOPLE

APPS

SETTINGS
- Ability to opt in to a mobile version of Family Safety to control child accounts and associated permissions texting, web browsing, etc.
- More theme colors
- Long press on power button to present options for: Shut Down, Restart, Airplane Mode On/Off, Wi-Fi On/Off

Doesn't the power button already turn off the phone after a long press...;)

ronclone

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
When opening a dehydrated app from the app list, go to the dehydrated state (most important to me)

At least 10 cards in fast app switcher

Custom background, or at least some choices.

Animated lockscreen.

Notification hub. (via swipe to left or even a large live tile, anything would be better)

Offline facebook messaging (seriously needed)

Whatsapp in messaging hub (i know is wishful thinking).

Ie tab button.

Custom sms alert.

Skydrive acces to the mesh synced folders/files.

CamiKitti

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I like how the iPhones do the brightness slider. (well, all ipods do, except for ones like shuffle), because even at the darkest, you can still see it.
I want see a color wheel or slider for theme.

teslapod1

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Here's my wish list:

HUBS

- Add SkyDrive hub

MAIL

MESSAGING

CAMERA ROLL

MUSIC + VIDEO
- Add E-books category

PEOPLE

APPS

SETTINGS
- More theme colors
What he said!

E_man#CB

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
All they need to do is space the keys out and it will be fine. As we all know Apple borrowed Microsofts on screen keyboard for iOS 5.

Click to view quoted image

Just a heads up, split keyboards were on android tablets months before Microsoft said anything...

Different volume for different functions. Zune can stay at 30 since that's what I need to be able to use it on my car stereo, but I only want my ringer and text alert volume at 15 tops. Not too mention things like video playback or alarm clocks...

This is needed so bad.

Doesn't the power button already turn off the phone after a long press...;)

He wants other options as well. I'd love them too.

For me, I want better notification handling. Once it's gone, and I don't have a live tile, it's gone. Not good. Android has had a great solution, iOS has already borrowed it. Microsoft, unless you think of something better, feel free to nab it if you want as well :p

stephen_victor

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Just a heads up, split keyboards were on android tablets months before Microsoft said anything...

This is needed so bad.

He wants other options as well. I'd love them too.

For me, I want better notification handling. Once it's gone, and I don't have a live tile, it's gone. Not good. Android has had a great solution, iOS has already borrowed it. Microsoft, unless you think of something better, feel free to nab it if you want as well :p

There just needs to be a live title dedicated solely as an "Recent Alerts." For the lock screen, a slide-left finger gesture should reveal the same list of recent alerts.

crg28

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
There just needs to be a live title dedicated solely as an "Recent Alerts." For the lock screen, a slide-left finger gesture should reveal the same list of recent alerts.

Notifications should not be tied to a TILE.
I SHOLDNT HAVE TO SWIPE ANYTHING TO SEE A NOTIFICATION LIST. This is absurd!

Why not borrow from WEBOS since it is now Open Source and do it the exact same way? It is by far the BEST notification system of any mobile OS.

mattpga

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
well, i'd like (and i may repeating others here)

Facebook to be properly integrated into phone so that people hub is 'official' and not 3rd party. As it is its pointless for that as a lot of updates dont show up.

Different volume settings for ringers and music.

More pages for unpinned apps, would be easier than one looooooooooong list.

More than 6 tiles for app switching.

More than 20 in a group

Wobjoi

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Lots of good ideas, I like the way some people vision how parts of the phone can be improved.

I have a pretty long list of things I would like to see. Just three examples for me are:

1. Profile Managament: Ability to set a profiles, by time and or location. e.g 09:00pm, Phones switches to night mode that allows me to set setting like, WiFi, BT, screen timeout, screen brightness, volume etc and then say at 08:00am switch to work mode, again setting the values as mentioned aboved. Basically allow user to setup profiles. User could also select a profile to make active at any time, or have it activated by time or location.

2. Data managament. Would like to say setup billing cycle and monthly data allowance and keep a record of data usage according to phone. Maybe even setup alerts if you get to a certain threshold and ability to drill down to see what services are using bandwidth such as email, web browsing etc.

3. Backup management. Some form of device backup. Don't really care how its implemented. Some backup options like backup up entire device, or maybe just parts of it like messaging, settings etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3