What I want to see in Apollo

justwar88

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
So maybe this has been tossed around before but I played with paint a little bit to show you guys what I would like out of the next big update. Hopefully Microsofts version would look a little better than mine :p Boredom is getting the best of me!

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
yeah this is been seen allot

i think allot of people would LOVE to see that...

i know i would . landscape mode on home screen specially phones with slide outs

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I want that when I'm texting and the screen get locked while inside of the conversation, to still get the update. I have missed a lot of text because of that and I might miss an important one someday. Also I don't care what everyone is saying, the keyboard is not that great, needs a lot of improvements.

Your mock up looks great BTW.

gtg465x

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I want that when I'm texting and the screen get locked while inside of the conversation, to still get the update. I have missed a lot of text because of that and I might miss an important one someday. Also I don't care what everyone is saying, the keyboard is not that great, needs a lot of improvements.

Your mock up looks great BTW.

The keyboard is amazing!

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Then I don't want to even try the other keyboards because is awful. I don't like the button placement or the size of some buttons or that it changes, so I want to press enter and it brings out the local scout.

ubizmo

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
There should be at least one Swype-style keyboard option. Android has stock Swype, and an app called TouchPal, which I preferred.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I don't care what everyone is saying, the keyboard is not that great, needs a lot of improvements.
Then I don't want to even try the other keyboards because is awful. I don't like the button placement or the size of some buttons or that it changes, so I want to press enter and it brings out the local scout.
I'm with you. Never been a fan of the WP touch keyboard. The keys are too narrow and I don't like the layout that much.

canesfan625

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
All they need to do is space the keys out and it will be fine. As we all know Apple borrowed Microsofts on screen keyboard for iOS 5.

ios5vsmsft1.jpg

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
There should be at least one Swype-style keyboard option. Android has stock Swype, and an app called TouchPal, which I preferred.

you can get a SWYPE rip off on WP .. btw. type SWYPE in the marketplace

but once ur done typing you need to copy paste the message

crg28

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I want the best that webOS can offer in WP 8. That would be a marriage made in heaven!

1) webOS Multitasking with card swiping
2) webOS notification system based on the Touchpad (swiping notifications to see the next one)
3) webOS synergy

These 3 items added to the awesome WP platform would make it a killer OS.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I just want the OS to be up to par with Apple/Android for once. I want that when somebody buys a Windows Phone, the first though they had is not, ooh it doesn't do that?

glassadam

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Different volume for different functions. Zune can stay at 30 since that's what I need to be able to use it on my car stereo, but I only want my ringer and text alert volume at 15 tops. Not too mention things like video playback or alarm clocks...

Exomondo

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I think the icons on the tiles should just rotate into landscape mode - like how the little icons do when you're in say the email app and you rotate from portrait to landscape. That way it wouldn't have to re-flow the tiles and would look very smooth, only issue is that the content on double-width tiles would have to go from landscape to portrait, i don't think that's a bad trade-off for the smoothness this solution would have rather than having to re-flow the tiles so you could fit double-width ones in.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3