Partial live tile problem

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I am having a strange issue with the 3rd party live tiles on my focus s, in that they seem to only be partially working. For example, weatherlive or the Samsung now tile will update the weather, but not the location unless i open the app and let it load Any rss reader i use won't update in the background and update the tile, but again will do it if i open the app and refresh it. Network Connection won't update the wifi tile automatically, I have to open it and hit the back button. I have checked my settings in the apps, and the agent or background loading is selected. My setting -> applications -> background tasks looks like it should. I even went as far as to completely reset my phone, with the same results. This started about 2 weeks ago. Before that everything was working fine.
Any ideas?

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
May be a problem with the app itself. Have you try re-installing the app? also go to the about part in the application and send an email to the developers. There's a good chance they can help.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
So to clarify, background tasks are turned "On" for these apps in Settings>Background Tasks. And assume you have an active data connection turned on all the time. Are you receiving anything in the background; email, notifications?

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Yes background tasks are on for these apps. It has been going on for the last few weeks under a variety of connection situations: 4g, 3G, wifi, different cities, etc. I am receiving alerts for email, etc.

Let me give another specific example of the problem. Weather live used to update the city I was in on the live tile, as well as the temperature. Now, it simply updates the temperature. When I travel between work and home cities, it keeps using the same city until I open the app, at which point the app auto refreshed and the current city is now reflected on the live tile. The same for the Samsung now application.

Another example. RSS Central used to update in the background every hour. The live tile showed how many new articles I had. Now, it only updates when I open the app. The same for Wonder Reader.

During this time, I have reinstalled the apps, and completely reset the phone, both with no luck. It is honestly driving me crazy, because I can't imagine what's causing the problem. Everything was fine three weeks ago.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb