My WP7 "Aha! Moment"

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
A pretty neat "aha!" moment that I had last week was about Office. I had been complaining about having to keep up with all of my syllabi print-outs and making sure they didn't get mixed up and I realized that I can just download them to my phone. Now, if I want to look up an assignment, I just go to Office on my phone and choose the course and it will either pull it from SkyDrive or from a saved version on my phone (back-ups are essential, lol).

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
So I'm at work and this guy comes up to me and asks if I can identify a song on this mix CD that his friend made for him. There are no markings on the disc, completely blank, and the only thing I know is that it's the first song he needs identified and that it's a religious song. My first response was, "Uhhhh..." Then I was like, "Wait a second, BING MUSIC!" I take the CD to one of the computers in the back and let el Titan listen. Bam! It did a flawless job identifying the artist and song.

Did you take the guy with you so he could see how you found it? That is the best promotion for the platform we can do. Nothing better than hands-on demos!

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Aha! moments eh...? mine was... taking a photo that i needed quickly then throwing it on facebook lol, then i got slapped in the face by my gf because apparently my angle was bad and had a hint of whatever was under her skirt :p...

pictures or it never happened...:D

M

mkr10001

Aha! moments eh...? mine was... taking a photo that i needed quickly then throwing it on facebook lol, then i got slapped in the face by my gf because apparently my angle was bad and had a hint of whatever was under her skirt :p...

whatever was under her skirt?

Have you never been down there?

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Related to this, I have the Zune Pass with 10 song credits per month, I usually just hit the Music search in the car to pick out songs off the radio, well today I was going through some other songs related to those and wanted to have some queued for when my credits renew. I hit play on those, then brought up the audio search which listened to them and recognized them. Your music searches are saved so it's pretty convenient to have them lined up and ready to go :)

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
My Aha Moment came in an apple store while i was playing with my HTC HD7 the tile flipping and someone asked me if that was the new ios? actually a few people stopped and looked someone wanted to try it so i let them. some floor manager asked me to put it away as this was an apple store.lolololol........

GazooAz

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
My Aha Moment came in an apple store while i was playing with my HTC HD7 the tile flipping and someone asked me if that was the new ios? actually a few people stopped and looked someone wanted to try it so i let them. some floor manager asked me to put it away as this was an apple store.lolololol........
I love it!

glassadam

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
A pretty neat "aha!" moment that I had last week was about Office. I had been complaining about having to keep up with all of my syllabi print-outs and making sure they didn't get mixed up and I realized that I can just download them to my phone. Now, if I want to look up an assignment, I just go to Office on my phone and choose the course and it will either pull it from SkyDrive or from a saved version on my phone (back-ups are essential, lol).

Nice one! That would actually be really handy.

TreizFaction

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
I've been using WP since about Dec '10. I'm a WebOS refugee as well, was a bit torn between the two for a while but HP took care of that. There have been a few such moments for me with WP7 including just the overall snappy-ness of the system especially the browser, to the zune software (the only thing my Zune HD was missing was a phone), to the great hardware.

The biggest moment for me though was actually quite recently. I was sleeping in, and my boss sent me a text asking if I could come in to work. My phone read the text aloud from my night stand and asked for a reply, I said no and commanded the message be sent. My boss asked why, I said that I was too busy with previous plans, and said send again. I didn't have to move a single muscle, I didn't have to get out of my nice warm bed, IT WAS AMAZING!!!

WPFL!!!:cool:

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I've been using WP since about Dec '10. I'm a WebOS refugee as well, was a bit torn between the two for a while but HP took care of that. There have been a few such moments for me with WP7 including just the overall snappy-ness of the system especially the browser, to the zune software (the only thing my Zune HD was missing was a phone), to the great hardware.

The biggest moment for me though was actually quite recently. I was sleeping in, and my boss sent me a text asking if I could come in to work. My phone read the text aloud from my night stand and asked for a reply, I said no and commanded the message be sent. My boss asked why, I said that I was too busy with previous plans, and said send again. I didn't have to move a single muscle, I didn't have to get out of my nice warm bed, IT WAS AMAZING!!!

WPFL!!!:cool:

Can all the WP7 phones do that? I'll have to look in the settings of mine, that sounds like a really useful feature.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Can all the WP7 phones do that? I'll have to look in the settings of mine, that sounds like a really useful feature.

It's real useful when you receive texts while driving. It's not perfect, but it's pretty good. I have a contact named Leeann and it thinks I am saying, "lee and", so it can't find the contact.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb