Marketplace Issue

TheDarKnight

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Hi All,
I hope that I am writing in the right forum as I couldn?t find a forum specific for the marketplace questions, my question is I've recently reset my phone, so I started installing the apps I want from the marketplace webpage, but none of the apps were installed right away, I?ve tried more than 10 apps and every time I get
You're almost there...
Sorry, but we can't send this app to your phone right now. We are sending instructions on how to install the app to myemail@live.com. Make sure to open the email on your phone to install the app!
I am in the US, and most of the apps I am trying to install are the Microsoft ones, this never happened before, and I was always able to install the app from the web market place straight to the phone without the need for those emails.
Could that be a temporary issue with the market place? Or it?s just my phone, I am on both good 3G and work WiFi.

Thanks.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Just tried a reinstall from the UK marketplace from the web and all is well TheDarkKnight.

Not sure what the problem could be. It may be a temporary blip with the US Marketplace.

How about the new reinstaller app ? Have you tried that to see if it helps out with your current
problem ?

Reinstaller App

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/apps/b9d1115b-2c0d-4e5d-afc6-fa6dcd84dda4

Do a search for it on your phone seeing you're currently having problems from the web of course. :)

johnmcd348

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I get that sometimes from my phone when I am trying to download and install an app. don't know why it does it. I just goto the email and tap the link that's given there and it sends me to the marketplace online and downloads/installs the app. I don't know if perhaps the OTA server is clogged and the marketplace redirect via email just provides another route or some other issue arises.

TheDarKnight

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the tips guys, Ijust checked and I am still having the issue, I will give it a another try in a couple of days, also I will give the Reinstaller App a shot, sounds a good tool to have.

Thanks!.

TheDarKnight

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
After trying for 2 days, the problem still existed, resetting the phone did fix the issues (factory reset), I’ve been downloading from the web marketplace with no issues now

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Glad you solved your problem!

But for other people who may have this problem, I had the problem before and the solution for me was to check "Connect to these features faster" under "Find My Phone" in Settings.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6