Whacked out prices for used phones

Bifurcated

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
So my current phone is not working terribly well. I'm waiting for the Lumia 900 to come out with Rogers here in Canada, and thought I'd try picking up a used Focus to tide me over the intervening 3 months or so.

I checked out eBay, Craigslist and Kijiji. Holy criminy. people are asking around $250 for a used, carrier-locked 1st gen focus.

So I guess that plan is out the window.

But are people actually getting nutso prices like that for their used, old gen phones? If so, maybe I've been doing it all wrong these last years.

trickym81

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
I thought about buying a used Focus before I got my Lumia 710. They were far too expensive. Of course, Rogers still sells it for $499 so...

Bifurcated

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Ha ha, Pronk, I have a Mozart that I brought over from Germany. That's my problem. It has terrible connectivity in Canada - spend most of my time at edge speeds, and the phone quality is awful. I love the Mozart though. In terms of style, it is by far the winner of the 1st gen windows phones. I wish they had done something similar for second gen and released it in North America. I was quite disappointed by the Titan and Radar. (Ducks from wee bear.)

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, $250 is a bit much for that phone. ****, I would sell you a barely used Titan for $350.

It's the only phone from a carrier store on a decent network that has an easily accessible SD Card Slot.

$250 is fair for that phone.

Blame Microsoft for that. It's their fault.

E_man#CB

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Serious? I bought a lightly used focus for $170 a few months ago. I still see them go for around $150 when you find one in very good condition. Focus Flash's (isn't that a faster, smaller version of the Focus?) go for ~$200. That's in the US, surprised they are $100 more up there.

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Serious? I bought a lightly used focus for $170 a few months ago. I still see them go for around $150 when you find one in very good condition. Focus Flash's (isn't that a faster, smaller version of the Focus?) go for ~$200. That's in the US, surprised they are $100 more up there.

The SD card slot in and of itself should allow that phone to continue to demand a higher resale price than even some newer WP7 devices like the Titan which are limited by comparison. The phone is worth $250 easily in MINT condition. I don't understand the problem.

Now if it was an HD7 or something, I'd totally agree that was overpriced.

Some people simply sell for less because they don't like the phone and want to be rid of it.

If you want to ETF a line and move carriers some people simply sale for the pro-rated ETF price to get it over with fast. I've done that a number of times.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720