Trouble displaying page...

Phrozty

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
[SOLVED] Trouble displaying page...

wp7 issue? ATT?

It loads some pages fine (like ones I've gone to recently, or ones that have fairly static content), but others it just times out on.

This is only an issue I've seen in the past few weeks or so. Full bars on 4G, no wifi.

Right now it's not even loading wpcentral or windowsmarketplace...

I've tried going into airplane mode and back to turn the data off and on.

Last edited:

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I had the same thing going on last week I was blaming it on bad signal where I was. Are you using an AT@T Titan?

Phrozty

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I had the same thing going on last week I was blaming it on bad signal where I was. Are you using an AT@T Titan?

Yessir...

Actually I think I fixed it. When I said I refreshed the data connection by turning airplane mode on and off I thought "hmm... well there is a separate 'data connection' option..."

Turned that on and off, and the problem was fixed instantly, which made me wonder if airplane mode actually disables the data connection as well.

EDIT: I'd delete the thread since it was so simple, but hopefully someone else will get use out of it if they ever notice the problem.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Our data connections settings changed when we got our 8107 Titan update in Europe.

The part where you could turn off and on 3G data changed to Highest connection speed.

You can select 3G or E now. You still have data connection on and off setting though.

No interest whatsoever to you Phrozty, but thought I'd just mention it anyway. :D

Don't know why they changed it. :dry

Phrozty

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Our data connections settings changed when we got our 8107 Titan update in Europe.

The part where you could turn off and on 3G data changed to Highest connection speed.

You can select 3G or E now. You still have data connection on and off setting though.

No interest whatsoever to you Phrozty, but thought I'd just mention it anyway. :D

Don't know why they changed it. :dry

Ya thanks for reminding me that ATT still doesn't have 8107 ;P

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Yessir...

Actually I think I fixed it. When I said I refreshed the data connection by turning airplane mode on and off I thought "hmm... well there is a separate 'data connection' option..."

Turned that on and off, and the problem was fixed instantly, which made me wonder if airplane mode actually disables the data connection as well.

EDIT: I'd delete the thread since it was so simple, but hopefully someone else will get use out of it if they ever notice the problem.

You know I tried that and it worked once but the problem came back but it only happened when I was out of town. It doesn't happen when I am around my home area. I'm back to thinking it was or is a signal problem. I think it has something to do with the HSPA+

Phrozty

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
This is starting to happen more and more... like.. having to reset the data connection every day..

ATT, I hope you're just screwing around w/the network around here and are going to stop soon..

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if this is a coincidence or not but I haven't had a connection issue since turning off wifi on my AT&T Titan.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte