People Hub issue. HELP!

Chowdah72

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Hoe do I not receive feeds for people's horoscopes, game requests, and other Facebook spam?

I am not subscribed to this garbage on the regular Facebook site, and when I use the Facebook app, I don't see it there either.

How can I filter this out in the people hub? It's extremely annoying.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Notsure what you can do. The heaviest users of tyhe horoscopes and farmville etc I just deleter/defriend thats cleaned out about a third of that stuff for me! or switch to the new facebook app from MS updated today check it out!

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
That's one of the downsides of that integration. Now that FB has a new app though, you might want to try using that one and then remove the FB account from your phone. Just a suggestion.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
My Facebook app shows no update is available. Saw in the comments that there are others that cannot update either
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RO50rTb5AeU[/YT]
Have you tried redownloading it in the marketplace and when you see the share button just hit back then go back to the app and see if it notifies you of the update Chowdah72 ?

Chowdah72

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, they're blocked in my normal facebook. Both the app and the regular pc version. It seems there is no possible way to avoid being bombarded with horoscopes and game requests in the native WP hub.

Shame because I love how efficient it is, I just can't deal with scrolling through all the junk.

Switching to the FB app instead.

PG2G

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Are they hidden, or blocked? I don't know if its the same thing, but the list of Blocked apps shows up in the following place

Privacy Settings -> Manage Blocking -> Blocked apps

I know this works because I have unblocked an app, refreshed and saw it in the hub, blocked it again, refreshed and it was gone.

PG2G

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
You block them in the app pages themselves, but there is a list of blocked apps at the bottom of the privacy settings.

Chowdah72

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I found that, however I couldn't block the app from its own page as there was no option.

I ended up having to report them as spam to get them off my page.

A bit extreme, maybe- but there was no other option. I looked everywhere for the block option. There was none.

PG2G

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I actually clicked a random game and tried to find it too. They keep changing stuff and its hard to find :/

Chowdah72

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
The problem is that many of these apps redirect you when you go to their site. So instead of getting to the home page of the app (where you are able to select the "block" option) it redirects you to only allow the apps permissions.

I do my best to report all these apps to FB, but the list is too big and it can't be done from my WP.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb