In Gmail on Android, it's very easy to use multiple email addresses in one email account. One thing I rely on is being able to send from different addresses. Is that possible in the WP7 email client? If so, how?
    02-15-2012 09:44 PM
    Not possible in the WP7 client I'm afraid. All you can do is force gmail to always send as another address, but it's a gmail setting not a WP7 one. I use this, and it works fine.

Might be possible if you use gmail via the web. I've not tried as gmail's mobile html is horrific, and anyway going via the web is nowhere near as convenient as using the native email functionality.
    02-16-2012 10:50 AM
    What about Hotmail? I know Hotmail can send from other addresses too. Does it work in WP7?

Thanks for your response. :-)
    02-16-2012 11:37 AM
    No, hotmail is even worse. There isn't any option to change the address.

As you say, it is possible via desktop website (as it is with gmail as well), but not with the hotmail mobile website.
    02-16-2012 11:49 AM
    Due to the recent Gmail update, you can •reply• as the address you receive an email to but you can't create and send (if you follow me).

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    speedtouch likes this.
    02-16-2012 11:50 AM
    Due to the recent Gmail update, you can •reply• as the address you receive an email to but you can't create and send (if you follow me).
    In the native WP7 email client? If so, that might be enough.
    02-16-2012 11:52 AM
    Yeah, that might be useful. It certainly didn't used to work this way, I set my gmail options before the upgrade using the iOS backdoor. Would be interesting if this works.
    02-16-2012 11:55 AM
    Yeah, that might be useful. It certainly didn't used to work this way, I set my gmail options before the upgrade using the iOS backdoor. Would be interesting if this works.
    What is the iOS backdoor? Are you able to send from another email address in your Gmail on your WP?
    02-28-2012 01:47 AM
    The iOS backdoor is what you had to do to set mobile gmail options before Google made their site work with WP7 natively. (Basically you either used an iOS device or faked the user agent string to appear as an iOS device and then you could set mobile gmail settings - no need to do this now though)

I can send every gmail as a different address using this setting, which is what I want. I cannot choose on a message by message basis which address I want is sending as. Well, I suppose I could change the default every time, but that's a huge amount of effort.
    02-28-2012 06:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD