What is the best of the best WP phone?

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
One thing I know is HTC devices seam to have QC issues. I'm not sure if it all devices that have issues and I just know more about HTC because that is what I have owned or if HTC really has a problem. One thing I do know is my next devices will not be HTC devices. I am rutting for the Lumias but I think I am going to pass on a launch day purchase and wait for others to point out what issues they are having. One issue I have with the 900 even before the launch is the fact you cant remove the battery, I have see issue with Windows Phone that required a battery pull to reset the device I couldn't turn the device off the only way to get it powered off was a battery pull. What do I do if this happens with a Lumias. Do I have to wait for the battery to run out? That could take hours.

I like the quality of the Dell and the screen size of the Titan for now I am carrying both and using each for diffrent reasons.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I had that problem with the Ipod Nano I have. It froze and I couldn't turn it off.

Btw what is GC? I really want to know everything, I know that the current Titan had call quality issues and Nokia had the battery one. Nokia dealt with the problem but HTC doesn't seem to.

Edit: I don't think you can take the Battery on the Titan II either.

Last edited:

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I had that problem with the Ipod Nano I have. It froze and I couldn't turn it off.

Btw what is GC? I really want to know everything, I know that the current Titan had call quality issues and Nokia had the battery one. Nokia dealt with the problem but HTC doesn't seem to.

GC is QC for quality control spelt with a G.... stupid spell checker... spot on with the HTC seams to ignore issues thing. In defense if HTC though this issue might only be an at&t issue so HTC might be waiting for at&t to take care of it. I'm not sure

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
One thing I know is HTC devices seam to have QC issues. I'm not sure if it all devices that have issues and I just know more about HTC because that is what I have owned or if HTC really has a problem. One thing I do know is my next devices will not be HTC devices. I am rutting for the Lumias but I think I am going to pass on a launch day purchase and wait for others to point out what issues they are having. One issue I have with the 900 even before the launch is the fact you cant remove the battery, I have see issue with Windows Phone that required a battery pull to reset the device I couldn't turn the device off the only way to get it powered off was a battery pull. What do I do if this happens with a Lumias. Do I have to wait for the battery to run out? That could take hours.

I like the quality of the Dell and the screen size of the Titan for now I am carrying both and using each for diffrent reasons.

I think you're right on HTC having QC issues. It's bummer because they make nice looking phones.

I had the same concern about the Nokia N8 having a non-removable battery. Coming from Palm phones a battery pull was the easiest reset/fix for numerous problems. What Nokia did with the N8 was pressing the power button for 5 seconds would give you a 100% power down. I had to use it on my wife's N8 a couple of times due to some poorly written applications with the original Symbian^3 OS that locked her phone up. It worked flawlessly.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I see. I never owned an HTC phone so those are good to know things.

Also I'm noticing that on the 900 the screens seems to stick out the casing, like on the original titan. That terrifies me.

cyrus_the_great

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
There's not a big difference on my Titan's SLCD screen compared to my Omnia 7 apart from blacks not being quite so black.

The colours are far more normal / natural looking than Amoled. Whites are pure white no blue tint.

I absolutely love the screen on my Titan compared to my Omnia 7 Winterfang. :)

I was very worried about going non amoled but, i needn't have worried a bit.

I can see it in bright sunshine too just like my Omnia.

HTC done a good job with their Titan's SLCD screen. :cool:
Actually I think Sony did a good job! :D

boss.king

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I see. I never owned an HTC phone so those are good to know things.

Also I'm noticing that on the 900 the screens seems to stick out the casing, like on the original titan. That terrifies me.

The screen on the Titan doesn't actually protrude (at least on mine it doesn't). It has a slight lip around it. If you put it face down on a flat surface, the display won't be making contact at any point.

boss.king

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Mmm really? that's good to know. That idea is kind of stupid because that's exactly what makes the iphone 4G so fragile.

I'd say what makes the iPhone 4/4s design weak is that its 95% glass. It may look good, but that's not all a phone is good for. Hopefully Nokia has though it through

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm not a fan of the curve glass on the 800/N9 either, it's practically begging to be destroyed. I hope the flat screen on the 900 is good for something, I don't have enough money for phone insurance.

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I went to AT&T and compared both the Titan and Focus S screens side to side and I found the Focus S to be a lot better.

I second that.

The screen of Focus S seems to be much higher quality than the Titan. However, the Titan's screen quality was not "bad" enough to steer me away from it. The size did. The Titan is not enormous, but it was too big for me. The Focus S is great.

As far as the "Best" device, I'm in the Lumia 900 camp. Of course I have not handled it yet, but it really seems to be what will appeal to average consumers and super-enthusiasts alike, although it can be argued that the Titan 2 is more of a flagship device.

This may all be irrelevent in a week after MWC.

rabit1

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
As I said before, my sister doesn't really like the material of Lumia, too plasticky.. Too bad though she likes the colour options...

She's willing to pay a premium if there's a good phone with her criteria (mainly better or same build and features than the iphone) She likes metal casing and big memory and has to have a good battery... Too bad WP doesn't seem to have one...

Do you guys know where I can find Titan 2 in Singapore? or Dell venue pro? Or how about the Fujitsu?

Thanks for the advice...

ShadL

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I've got the HTC Titan, probably one of the better second gen devices. it's got a metallic unibody, so it won't feel cheap and plasticy. Your best bed would be to get the Lumia 900 or the Titan 2

borjeboy

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm not a fan of the curve glass on the 800/N9 either, it's practically begging to be destroyed. I hope the flat screen on the 900 is good for something, I don't have enough money for phone insurance.

When it comes out im sure there Will be plastic screen covers for the screen to buy.. Like invisible shield

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
The thing of it is, we know what the Titian can do and how it performs.. we don't know how the 900 performs yet...... So really it's going to come down to testing both side by side. My devices is an HTC HD7 the camera is eck but first gen there is no volume level at all it's 3rd replacement device sent to me and finally this one is working correctly. HTC build quality I have no beef with at all. I'm on T-MO so I'm stuck with this device for sometime unless some more loves gets sent to them....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05