What is the best WP for music?

Neibl

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I am a big zune pass user, as I bet alot of you are and I spend the vast majority of my time on my phone using the music hub. I have a samsung focus and an HTC surround and both seem to have pros/cons for music listening, but for the most part I am not expert enough to make a distinction. HTC has the equalizer app for dolby mobile digital and SRS enhancements.

That was little back story, but going forward, which phone do you think is or will be the best WP for music?

(I want to include the Titan 2 and Lumia 900 in this discussion for future purchase reasons, think it will be helpful to hear peoples opinions on these devices)

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Between the Trophy and the Focus, I much prefer the Focus when using headphones. It recognizes the skip track command from the headphones and the headphones themselves are much better. The "Sound Enhancer" app on the Trophy is neat and all, but it sometimes just sounds bad. Nokia sounds like they have their act together when it comes with audio, though. I can't wait to try a Lumia out.

rezzet#CB

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I am a big zune pass user, as I bet alot of you are and I spend the vast majority of my time on my phone using the music hub. I have a samsung focus and an HTC surround and both seem to have pros/cons for music listening, but for the most part I am not expert enough to make a distinction. HTC has the equalizer app for dolby mobile digital and SRS enhancements.

That was little back story, but going forward, which phone do you think is or will be the best WP for music?

(I want to include the Titan 2 and Lumia 900 in this discussion for future purchase reasons, think it will be helpful to hear peoples opinions on these devices)
Well, HTC Surround was specifically built for sound quality with a slide out speaker. If you don't mind previous generation phone, it' probably a good way to go for what you are looking for. The rest of the phones, while still good on sound, don't particularly jump out at me.

Neibl

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Between the Trophy and the Focus, I much prefer the Focus when using headphones. It recognizes the skip track command from the headphones and the headphones themselves are much better. The "Sound Enhancer" app on the Trophy is neat and all, but it sometimes just sounds bad. Nokia sounds like they have their act together when it comes with audio, though. I can't wait to try a Lumia out.
I agree that the sound enhancer app just sounds bad sometimes. Switching to the Focus from my Surround has been a pleasure for two reasons. First I don't have to worry about the enhancer app which strangely comforts me to not think I am on the wrong setting while driving, and second I have 32gb card in it that works great so 36gb free storage is hard to go away from.

I am leaning towards a titan 2 next month tho, unless nokia has some pretty amazing music quality, which they might.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
the question should be; What EARPHONEs should i buy to get good sound quality?

phones don't matter, its all the same ,

PS: I always choose the last option on the list, lol

Last edited:

steve70

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I personally love my Skullcandy Titans. (no mic) Great bass, sound, comfort and price. Came w/a nice little case, I added a lanyard to hook to my belt loop for easy carry.

Sent from my TiTaN WP7 using Board Express

Odeira.Oloap

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I just need my Windows Phone to have great bass output. My current one (HTC HD7) has good-to-great bass output. But from personal XP, it's really with the appendage you put on your ears.

Get the Titan, I suppose.

Oh, and get a nice pair of ear- / head- phones. Like the Klipsch S4. Or whatever new Monster has.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
If you are planning on using a set of headphones with a wp7 compatible controller, skip the focus s. The next track/previous track doesn't work. You can occasionally get the pause to work, but it's very hit and miss.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I personally love my Skullcandy Titans. (no mic) Great bass, sound, comfort and price. Came w/a nice little case, I added a lanyard to hook to my belt loop for easy carry.

Sent from my TiTaN WP7 using Board Express

Nices shoes old school even!

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
For me, my focus still has better audio output quality via the 3.5mm jack, vs the htc Titan, and the Samsung focus S (I've had both, eventually went back to my focus). Using ath-m50s cans, here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
anything but an HTC, as mine still crashes on track 4 all the time.

huh? I get no crashes at all on my HD7. Now for the topic it doesn't matter, they're all good but I would probably say any HTC because of sound enhancer and beats audio whenever they decide to bring it to WP.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99