Looks Like I could be Jumping Ship to Orange

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
So, I had 10 minutes to kill today so I popped into one of the Orange stores in my town. The rep approached and asked if he could help. I told him I was interested in Windows Phones and enquired about the Nokia Lumia 900/910 (long shot, I know). To my surprise, the rep jumped into WP mode and showed me the Mozart, the Lumia 710, the Lumia 800, and the Radar. He mentioned that he couldn't stand Android and Windows Phone was more similar to Apple... but, in his words "better". Colour this WP ****** impressed! He said they initially sold out of Lumia 800's online, and he is selling loads of the 800's at the moment... also, his college upgraded from an iPhone 3GS to the Lumia 800 and hasn't looked back. It was on this pitch that he said he was confident that Orange will be stocking the 910 when it arrives.

Personally, there's no a lot in it tariff-wise between O2 and Orange. As Orange seem to be on the ball with WP, I'll have zero hesitation jumping ship should O2 fumble around with getting the 910 out... like they did with the 800.

:)

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Thats a pleasant change, nice to hear Big Supes. :cool:

Remember to check out if their signal is OK at the places you frequent though before you change. :)

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
It absolutely was, Weebear. Although, I have to say, O2 have been the only people to be WP ignorant in my experience so far. I will give them a few more weeks and drop a surprise visit on them. ;)

My girlfriend is on Orange and the reception is fantastic. :)

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Good stuff, oh well hope it works out good for you.

I heard all the networks are getting the Lumia 900 apart form Orange though, shame about that. :straight:

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I'll take pride in telling O2 that they've lost a long standing customer, if they don't jump on the 910! :)

Incidentally, I'll be willing to help any of our friends across the pond get their hands on a 910 if/when the time comes.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I'll charge a $ less shipping than Big Supes and throw in a free packet of Jelly Babies. :p

That's your evil money making plans scuppered now Big Supes! Bwahahaha! :lol:

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Hmmmm....

evil-plan.jpg

... Oohh, wait 'a minute!!!

:( :D

Okay, I'll throw in a pair of used Superman socks. :D

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
OMG... my girlfriend sits there and eats a whole pack of ^them^ and leaves all the biscuit bases behind. Strange, I know. :D

OK - I will throw in a packet of Fox's Chunkie Chocolate Chip Cookies.

Foxs+Chunkie+Fruit+%26+Nut+Extremely+Chocolatey.jpg

MMmmmmmmmm these are my weakness. With a large mug of tea, I can demolish a whole pack, no problem.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Your girlfriend has good taste. No one will want your chunkie biscuits over a delicious Scottish Tunnocks Tea Cake.

Crack open the choccy and stick your tongue into that cream, it's to die for. :lol:

I know someone that made 12 disappear in just 1 night. :happy:

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Well, my friends who emigrated from the US are completely hooked on them! ;)

I like the teacakes, but they're a bit plain for me. No offence to Scotland. :p

Second favourite:

garibaldi-biscuits.jpg

Garibaldi's + tea = Mmmmmmm. Actually, tea is essential for dunking all biscuits. :)

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Mmmm I love Garibaldi's, and coffee is good for dunking too. (No likey tea) :)

A nice Scottish shortbread is nicer than Garibaldi's though.

I'm coming over a little biased I think Big Supes. :D

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Hmm... coffee? I can see how that would work. Will give it a try... thinking coffee and shortbread would go nicely together....

:)

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I got a sweet 500 dollar check from college. That means I can pay my internet company for the entire year and I can easily afford AT&T expensive plans without worrying until December =).

almost more pictures of yummy pastries please :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon