WP Update Fail...backup?

Exomondo

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Ok so i've been stuck on 7720 because my phone refuses to update to the latest build, zune fails at the end of updating and from what i've been able to find about the issue the solution is to basically reset the phone.

I'm getting increasingly frustrated because randomly my phone will just fail to make any calls, a power off/on fixes it immediately, same with IE, sometimes pages will just simply not load even refreshing a couple of times won't do it but rebooting the phone fixes it and the pages load immediately, same with Bing maps, etc... I'm also experiencing the keyboard disappearing thing which i never used to have. I'm hoping the update fixes these problems.

Anyway i don't want to lose things like text messages but Zune doesn't sync these and if i do a backup then reset then restore i would assume it's going to restore to the old OS version so how do i go about this?

perbear

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
The overall question is - WHY does these hiccups occur? if you trail down to Samsung Omnia 7 you can see that I have the same issue with my Omnia 7. I guess that the failure happens around 60 % of the backup (step 7 of 10) and then goes directly to restarting your phone (step 1 of 2). In my case the phone shows error code 801812DC the backup could not be completed. I however run 8107 so it can't be that is specific for previous updates. Samsung support has not get back and explained what is going on and what I can do to reslove this.

Exomondo

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, i can't remember the error code but it resolved to a somewhat generic error, the backup succeeds but everything that i've found on the error code suggests wiping the phone and starting from scratch, not something i want to do if it means losing my text messages.

The problems are becoming ever more frustrating and I don't recall having seen these issues even in the mango dev release. Things like not even being able to post a facebook comment, it takes ages and then eventually fails, my ipad, laptop and my wife's iphone are all on the same network and have no problems and i've started finding myself not bothering with using my phone anymore because odds-on it will require a restart to make it work.

I really like WP7 but at the moment it is just becoming increasingly frustrating.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte