The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
02-26-2012 08:03 PM
48 12
tools
    One step at a time DizzyMaker. :D
    02-23-2012 02:34 PM
    I think the AT&T Titan is still suck on Mango DizzyMaker (7720), don't think it's even had 7740.
    Perhaps I'm mistaken. (Won't be the first time) :lol:
    Haven't gotten the 7740. I don't expect to. It may be the case they are holding off for Tango. Why go through the support hassle if Tango is so close to being released. It makes more sense to put resources together for one big release than 2 small ones and 1 larger one.
    02-23-2012 02:37 PM
    I havent had keyboard issues yet nd I have several programs running with background agents but only two of the five are active. I havent used them in a while. I dont really see a need at this point for my focus to get updated as I am planning on getting the Nokia 900 in s few more weeks. I will be keeping the focus as my backup phone and will update whenever ATT gets around to it. Not a big deal although I understand the fruatration of those of us who really yearn to get the update.
    02-23-2012 02:40 PM
    Has the update been released in the USA yet?
    02-23-2012 02:57 PM
    ITS NOT AT&T!!! ITS SAMSUNG!!!

this is why i wont buy another samsung device EVER! they are by far the worst with updates, ive said this since day 1. HTC on the other hand, is ver promt. which is why the titan, trophy, arrive, hd7 all have the update... trust me when i say samsung sucks. cheap , lightweight, over rated devices... sorry selfcreation! ha

which is why when i had samsung galaxy phone, i was still running froyo while the rest of the world was running gingerbread , for about 8 months!!!
    From following the Android community, and my own experience, I think it's safe to say that Samsung is the slowest OEM, and Verizon the slowest carrier with updates. I'm new to AT&T, but they don't seem to rush into anything, do they?
    02-23-2012 03:06 PM
    Has the update been released in the USA yet?
    US Cellular - HD7 PRO and TMobile - HTC Radar
    02-23-2012 03:22 PM
    You people saying it isnt AT&T but is HTC and Samsung are just wrong. 8107 has been released for Samsung and HTC phones...just not on AT&T.
    Mr_pither likes this.
    02-23-2012 03:31 PM
    You people saying it isnt AT&T but is HTC and Samsung are just wrong. 8107 has been released for Samsung and HTC phones...just not on AT&T.
    Yes but, just because they are Samsung or HTC does not mean the phones are "exactly" the same, and, like I said in my earlier post, HTC or Samsung which ever the case maybe, are going to be doing the leg work to prepare AT&T phones. Like the hiding of features we are not supposed to have. i.e. visual voicmail etc. The branding (ATT-US) is what is preventing us from getting the "raw" update. Yes the update will work on our phones but because the phones are carrier specific they need to be prepared as such. Some at AT&T of course know about the update. HTC definitely knows about the update and are probably in the midst of preparing it for AT&T's approval. AT&T's testing consists of making sure all those things that I mentioned above are taken care of. So once AT&T is happy with the work of HTC, they tell MS to pass the update to their Carrier branded phones (ATT-US). So unless someone here at WPCentral writes an article detailing the actual process we may never know for sure. but after exhausting many hours on the phone with both AT&T and HTC, this is what I have.
    02-23-2012 03:43 PM
    No No-Dos or betas or other "fixes" for this member.

FWIW, I have not done, and will not do, anything other than a Microsoft/Zune-prompted update, each of which has gone smoothly on each first try. I have no keyboard or any other issues, and I'm not giving AT&T a single shot at my 36.9GB-install.

Still, my sympathy and understanding to those with keyboard and other issues who do need a solution of some kind.
    02-23-2012 04:55 PM
    And this why simple bug fixes and security issues need to be done OTA by Microsoft. I want to plug my phone into my charger, go to sleep, an wake up with a freshly rebooted, safe and properly working phone. It should really be that simple.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    threed61, TGBmark1234 and Baka like this.
    02-23-2012 08:09 PM
    Has Micrsoft released it to carriers in the USA yet?
    02-24-2012 04:57 AM
    According to a Windows Phone developer in Microsoft Answers the update has not been released in the USA as of yet.

He states They might be waiting for Tango
    02-24-2012 07:29 AM
    I don't know what the hold up is but I can tell you that the HTC Titan at&t branded version is in desperate need of an update. Even if all they fix is the keyboard issue. HTC and at&t need to get this done sooner not later.

PS-VVM would be nice
    02-24-2012 08:33 AM
    According to a Windows Phone developer in Microsoft Answers the update has not been released in the USA as of yet.

He states They might be waiting for Tango
    Again, these Carriers and phones in the US are getting the update.

US Cellular - HD7 PRO and TMobile - HTC Radar
    02-24-2012 09:46 AM
    They are probably going to wait for Tango. Since Windows Phone came out, AT&T has never released one of these intermediate software updates.
    02-24-2012 09:59 AM
    PS-VVM would be nice
    I finally got tired of not having it and started using Magik Mail after they mentioned it on the last WPCentral podcast. Not the best answer but it works and I don't have to dial in and listen to prompts all the time.
    02-24-2012 11:19 AM
    I finally got tired of not having it and started using Magik Mail after they mentioned it on the last WPCentral podcast. Not the best answer but it works and I don't have to dial in and listen to prompts all the time.
    I bit the bullet and paid for youmail (the service that the magikmail app represents). I was just fine with the free services they offered, in fact I liked them so much I didn't consider the $20 as payment, I considered it a donation like I'd give a clever developer on xda. The 'smart greeting' that I have through youmail (magikmail) is worth the $20 itself. Hello ____, Ben can't answer the phone right now, etc... The fact that my underline there is in place of the caller's (well that #'s plan holder's) name speaks to the service's awesome ID service. It identified my tracfone when I first discovered that feature, and I can only assume that was because I paid with my credit card for the tracfone and kept up with registering things through tracfone via my name/tracfone #. . I can't find a service online anywhere that gives a more accurate or in depth caller ID profile for cell numbers, for free or otherwise. I also love getting texts/emails when I miss calls, and those messages include the caller ID info I mentioned above.

So in the end, it seems almost a little creepy that youmail can do what it does, but as far as vvmail goes, I honestly am not considering even giving the provider's services a chance when they finally come out unless youmail goes down somehow.

Ok, that's the end of my shameless plug for youmail. I'll end by saying, those who are tired of waiting for their providers to launch visual voicemail should check out youmail as either a substitute until the provider's apps come out, or as a replacement altogether since it's free (free with adds, yearly fee for add free plus a few features the free version lacks, but the free version's shortcomings aren't significant in the least).
    02-25-2012 02:23 AM
    I gave up on waiting for AT&T to release the updates and just de-branded my phone to get them. Thankfully LG made it painfully easy to do on the Quantum, no extra software needed. And the phone has been running amazingly smooth since the update. I will probably just de-brand and re-brand my phone in the future until AT&T gets their act together or replace my Quantum.

EDIT: Here's the article explaining how to do this.

http://www.windowscentral.com/get-no...-your-lg-phone
    Last edited by Slinky826; 02-28-2012 at 12:49 AM.
    02-26-2012 04:22 PM
    Here is the answer to peoples questions regarding updates:
    http://www.winsupersite.com/article/...visited-142382

Carriers don't have to update anything ever.
    slinky826 and Shane like this.
    02-26-2012 04:23 PM
    PS-VVM would be nice
    I've been using Magikmail, but I don't really like it. It seems kind of quirky, like when I received a notification of a voicemail that I'd actually received 3 days earlier! Thank god it wasn't a life or death situation or anything.

Also, I just don't like the fact that I have to have a 3rd party app do something that should be baked in. I don't like that I have to delete missed calls from both the phone app and the Magikmail app. It's not convenient. And I could just ignore the phone app, but then I'll always have that notification on my lock screen, so I have to go in there now and then to delete those missed calls.

None of this is a huge deal, mind you. It's just that nagging thought in the back of my mind saying "It doesn't HAVE to be this way!".

I left a message on AT&T's twitter asking them why they claim to be the premiere carrier of WP7, and why they bother having such a big selection of phones, when it seems obvious that they hate the platform and are going out of their way to destroy it. I haven't heard anything back yet. lol
    Mr_pither likes this.
    02-26-2012 07:11 PM
    You fit all that into 150 characters? Lol

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    02-26-2012 07:50 PM
    You fit all that into 150 characters? Lol
    Well, that was the idea. It was tough cutting it down, but I got the point across.
    02-26-2012 07:58 PM
    I've asked them quite a few questions myself, although some were re-tweeted into oblivion, 'we have no information at this time' is the response of choice it seems from at&t, almost as bad as the 'in the coming months' debacle

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    02-26-2012 08:03 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD