WHERE THE **** IS AT&T 8107?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Well I guess it'll arive when it arrives Shane. :dry

Perhaps they are also trying extra hard to fix the garbled call problem too.

Anyway hope they (AT&T or HTC) get there soon. :)

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I think the AT&T Titan is still suck on Mango DizzyMaker (7720), don't think it's even had 7740.
Perhaps I'm mistaken. (Won't be the first time) :lol:

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I think the AT&T Titan is still suck on Mango DizzyMaker (7720), don't think it's even had 7740.

well then maybe i am confused on the issue? 8107 is a radio update not a software update right? i believe this is what my trophy got a while back...

and fix a keyboard bug

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
No, 8107 was an OS update that got rid of the disappearing keyboard problem.

Some firmware updates appeared for some phones too when performing this update. :)

The full details below...

Update 7.10.8107.79

On-screen keyboard. Fixes an issue to prevent the keyboard from disappearing during typing.

Email. Fixes a Google mail syncing issue.

Location. Fixes a location access issue. With this fix, the Me feature in the People Hub sends anonymous information about nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers to Microsoft only if you agree to allow the Check In function to access and use location information.

Security. Revokes digital certificates from DigiCert Sdn Bhd to address an encryption issue.

Email threads. Fixes an email issue related to Microsoft Exchange Server 2003. With this fix, when you reply to or forward a message, the original message is now included in your response.

Voicemail. Fixes a voicemail notification display issue that occurs on some European and Asian networks under certain conditions.

Shane

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Haven't gotten the 7740. I don't expect to. It may be the case they are holding off for Tango. Why go through the support hassle if Tango is so close to being released. It makes more sense to put resources together for one big release than 2 small ones and 1 larger one.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I havent had keyboard issues yet nd I have several programs running with background agents but only two of the five are active. I havent used them in a while. I dont really see a need at this point for my focus to get updated as I am planning on getting the Nokia 900 in s few more weeks. I will be keeping the focus as my backup phone and will update whenever ATT gets around to it. Not a big deal although I understand the fruatration of those of us who really yearn to get the update.

threed61

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
ITS NOT AT&T!!! ITS SAMSUNG!!!

this is why i wont buy another samsung device EVER! they are by far the worst with updates, ive said this since day 1. HTC on the other hand, is ver promt. which is why the titan, trophy, arrive, hd7 all have the update... trust me when i say samsung sucks. cheap , lightweight, over rated devices... sorry selfcreation! ha

which is why when i had samsung galaxy phone, i was still running froyo while the rest of the world was running gingerbread , for about 8 months!!!

From following the Android community, and my own experience, I think it's safe to say that Samsung is the slowest OEM, and Verizon the slowest carrier with updates. I'm new to AT&T, but they don't seem to rush into anything, do they?

txaggies07

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
You people saying it isnt AT&T but is HTC and Samsung are just wrong. 8107 has been released for Samsung and HTC phones...just not on AT&T.

Shane

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
You people saying it isnt AT&T but is HTC and Samsung are just wrong. 8107 has been released for Samsung and HTC phones...just not on AT&T.
Yes but, just because they are Samsung or HTC does not mean the phones are "exactly" the same, and, like I said in my earlier post, HTC or Samsung which ever the case maybe, are going to be doing the leg work to prepare AT&T phones. Like the hiding of features we are not supposed to have. i.e. visual voicmail etc. The branding (ATT-US) is what is preventing us from getting the "raw" update. Yes the update will work on our phones but because the phones are carrier specific they need to be prepared as such. Some at AT&T of course know about the update. HTC definitely knows about the update and are probably in the midst of preparing it for AT&T's approval. AT&T's testing consists of making sure all those things that I mentioned above are taken care of. So once AT&T is happy with the work of HTC, they tell MS to pass the update to their Carrier branded phones (ATT-US). So unless someone here at WPCentral writes an article detailing the actual process we may never know for sure. but after exhausting many hours on the phone with both AT&T and HTC, this is what I have.

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
No No-Dos or betas or other "fixes" for this member.

FWIW, I have not done, and will not do, anything other than a Microsoft/Zune-prompted update, each of which has gone smoothly on each first try. I have no keyboard or any other issues, and I'm not giving AT&T a single shot at my 36.9GB-install.

Still, my sympathy and understanding to those with keyboard and other issues who do need a solution of some kind.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
And this why simple bug fixes and security issues need to be done OTA by Microsoft. I want to plug my phone into my charger, go to sleep, an wake up with a freshly rebooted, safe and properly working phone. It should really be that simple.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

russshoe

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
According to a Windows Phone developer in Microsoft Answers the update has not been released in the USA as of yet.

He states They might be waiting for Tango

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I don't know what the hold up is but I can tell you that the HTC Titan at&t branded version is in desperate need of an update. Even if all they fix is the keyboard issue. HTC and at&t need to get this done sooner not later.

PS-VVM would be nice

Shane

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
According to a Windows Phone developer in Microsoft Answers the update has not been released in the USA as of yet.

He states They might be waiting for Tango
Again, these Carriers and phones in the US are getting the update.

US Cellular - HD7 PRO and TMobile - HTC Radar

PG2G

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
They are probably going to wait for Tango. Since Windows Phone came out, AT&T has never released one of these intermediate software updates.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234