Verizon rumors?

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Verizon is going to take the same stand that HTC, LG and Samsung has at MWC. No new devices until Apollo is out. By then, the speculation about Microsoft buying Nokia should be aired out and either the rest of the market gets to play, or Microsoft will have their own version of the iPhone.

Q3 or Q4 of 2012 is a very realistic date for Verizon.

I hope that's not the case, but then again it wouldn't surprise me. I'm really curious if Nokia will be coming to Verizon.

It seems like AT&T is the Windows Phone carrier and Verizon is the Android carrier. Hopefully Google doesn't do anything crazy like buy Verizon and we never see another Windows Phone.

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
At the rate Verizon is going I'll be using an iphone in November.

you will regret that... i did the same thing already, and ended up back on verizon with an iphone.... heres my story... lol

payed 600+ to cancel verizon because i wanted a wp7. so i switched to tmobile and bought the hd7. loved the phone but hated my service, almost never had 3g. so i payed 400+ to cancel, sold my hd7's for 400 so it was almost a wash. switched to sprint and got a nexus s 4g... phone was ok, but hated android, cant belive i went back. furthermore, my service was worse than tmobile... so i switched in 2 weeks after fighting 900+ in cancellations fees they tried to charge me... what a mess. so i switched back to verizon becaus ethey offer the most reliable service everywhere i go. reluctantly got an iphone 4 because i thouhgt the trophy was a sub par windows phone. turns out i hated my iphone, sure it worked fine but i got so bored staring at the same icons, and itunes vs zune is a no brianer. i tunes sucks on pc's. so i sold my iphone on ebay for 320 and bouyght a brand new trophy for 200. this phone rocks! now i am happy... i wish i had a nokia 900, but this phone preforms extremely well, and completely surprised me how solid it feels. so moral of the story, the grass isnt greener on the other side of the fence. stick with a carrier that works where you live, and be patient. ive read that the 900 is coming to verizon sometime late summer early fall... heres the link

Nokia Lumia 900 Available from a Variety of US Carriers; AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon | ITProPortal.com

Is Nokia bringing a new Windows Phone to Verizon? - The Washington Post

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
you will regret that... i did the same thing already, and ended up back on verizon with an iphone.... heres my story... lol

payed 600+ to cancel verizon because i wanted a wp7. so i switched to tmobile and bought the hd7. loved the phone but hated my service, almost never had 3g. so i payed 400+ to cancel, sold my hd7's for 400 so it was almost a wash. switched to sprint and got a nexus s 4g... phone was ok, but hated android, cant belive i went back. furthermore, my service was worse than tmobile... so i switched in 2 weeks after fighting 900+ in cancellations fees they tried to charge me... what a mess. so i switched back to verizon becaus ethey offer the most reliable service everywhere i go. reluctantly got an iphone 4 because i thouhgt the trophy was a sub par windows phone. turns out i hated my iphone, sure it worked fine but i got so bored staring at the same icons, and itunes vs zune is a no brianer. i tunes sucks on pc's. so i sold my iphone on ebay for 320 and bouyght a brand new trophy for 200. this phone rocks! now i am happy... i wish i had a nokia 900, but this phone preforms extremely well, and completely surprised me how solid it feels. so moral of the story, the grass isnt greener on the other side of the fence. stick with a carrier that works where you live, and be patient. ive read that the 900 is coming to verizon sometime late summer early fall... heres the link

Nokia Lumia 900 Available from a Variety of US Carriers; AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon | ITProPortal.com

Is Nokia bringing a new Windows Phone to Verizon? - The Washington Post

I'm not switching from Verizon. The coverage is great for me and I've got a really good plan. I'm not planning on switching to the iphone, but I'd be a liar if I said there weren't things I liked about it. I'm hoping Verizon has a WP by November with a camera as good or better than the 4S with a high-resolution screen. Hopefully by then Apollo will be out and it will address some of the issues I have with WP. Either way I'm going to check out all the top phones Verizon has when it's time to upgrade, including the adroid phones.

entanianickwp

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I bought the Trophy on the first day it came out at full price $449 if I remember correctly because I'm still on contract back then. Phone is solid and well build but I have to agree with many folks here that camera is awful. I need to use photo app like Fhotoroom to edit the picture white balance and other things.

I've test Lumia 800 and Lumia 710 even the camera on Lumia 710 is way better than my Trophy let alone the 800 :p

If the rumor about 900 is real and if it is the world phone I will go for that one in a heart beat. But other rumor about the 719 that could land on Verizon if this one is the same build quality as 710 I may need to think harder because the Trophy build is way better.

But in the end I have to choose between build and camera quality..... WHY can't Verizon just give us both?

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I am in this same boat. I'm seriously considering switching to AT&T. It wouldn't cost me any more, and I have talked to a few people near me that have it and they have all said they have similar or sometimes better service than verizon. The only thing holding me back is losing my unlimited data, but in 2+ years I have never used more than 2gb of data. So $30 for 3gb on at&t probably wouldn't be an issue. I really want that Lumia 900!

Arcturos

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Been waiting to upgrade since August and was really hoping for something at MWC even though i wasnt expecting anything. My BB is starting to feel even more dated. At this point it seems silly to upgrade to any phone on VZW without LTE and since i dont want android i've been patiently waiting.

If the 900 isnt coming to Verizon until late summer then i would be better off waiting for Apollo. At this point i'd probably take the 710 on VZW if it was upgraded with LTE. My main requirement after the OS is a decent camera so the trophy is out too. I'm nto switching to ATT, the coverage isnt near as good where i live or where i frequently travel and see no reason to give up my unlimited data until they force me to.

So i will continue waiting. Basically at this point the first phone with a decent camera and LTE on VZW running WP will get my business. But if the iphone 5 or even BB10 come out with LTE first, i will probably just pick up one of them. :dry

mafdude

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Where is the original poster?

I am in the same boat as I guess most of Verizon customers are who wants a WP device. Grandfathered in to an unlimited plan, reluctant to give it up, and frustrated with Verizon's apparent unwillingness to purchase a high-end WP device, preferably a Nokia Lumia 900 or variation. I purchased the Trophy for my wife, she loves it, best phone she's owned, her own words. I'm holding onto my Samsung Omnia 2 longer than I want to. Will jump ship to AT&T (ugggh) when my contract expires in June if no word on Verizon's plans. Do NOT want to wait until Apollo to see what they are going to do. I wish Verizon would just state, "We are no longer going to carry WP phones" or announce something. Wp already gave them the LTE they asked for.

mafdude

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Oooops

I meant my last post to go to the Administrator "Dave" who posted he knows something about Verizon possibly cvarrying the 900 or some variant.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm not in the same boat as y'all but i feel your pain. I'm the mobile engineer here where I work so I get to switch devices fairly often and we only use Verizon devices. However, for our enterprise email we are currently using Good Mobile Messaging. This limits my users (and thus myself) to Android and iPhones.

I want WP7 bad. I made my wife upgrade to the Trophy when the Microsoft store was selling it for a penny. I also have an AT&T SIMless Focus that I had for testing that I pretty much can treat as a Windows ZUNE type device when i want to get my fix.

I used the iPhone 4S when it came out and just switched to the Galaxy Nexus when that came out and I can tell you that while they both have things I like and don't like, neither one can replace my desire for a WP to call my own.

Android 4.0 is nothing special and the GNex sucks battery like a mofo unless you hack the heck out of it, which is pretty much like all Android devices, which is what Windows Mobile used to be like. Which a lot of us probably loved, though as I get "older" I'm starting to just like things that work. :) Plus because I support these devices in the corporate world, i can't hack them because I need to experience what the users’ experience.

The iPhone 4S, was actually pretty awesome. The 4S hardware is solid. The camera is amazing, the battery life was great. Location services were solid.. It always knew where I was. The GNex would struggle. Sometimes I would have to launch Google maps and wait a few moments maybe longer for it to update and locate me. On the iPhone it just always worked. As an example on the iPhone I could launch Foursquare, tap check in and every time it would be spot on with the location for me to pick. The android experience is clunky.

Now, iOS I am not a fan of... it's blah. Hardware great… OS bad.

Anyway, I say all this because I’ve had the ability to use all kinds of Android phones and the iPhone and I still can’t wait to rock a Windows Phone. I really think it’s gonna take off once you start seeing them across all carriers… As a company we have hundreds of Android phones and we are actually going to start forbidding them and just allowing WP and iOS because of the bag of hurt Android security is as well as Android is also a pain in the butt to support because of all the different UIs all the devices have
Sorry for the rambling post.

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I am in the same boat as I guess most of Verizon customers are who wants a WP device. Grandfathered in to an unlimited plan, reluctant to give it up, and frustrated with Verizon's apparent unwillingness to purchase a high-end WP device, preferably a Nokia Lumia 900 or variation. I purchased the Trophy for my wife, she loves it, best phone she's owned, her own words. I'm holding onto my Samsung Omnia 2 longer than I want to. Will jump ship to AT&T (ugggh) when my contract expires in June if no word on Verizon's plans. Do NOT want to wait until Apollo to see what they are going to do. I wish Verizon would just state, "We are no longer going to carry WP phones" or announce something. Wp already gave them the LTE they asked for.

In my experience this will never happen. They will string customers along until one of two things happens. A)WP8 takes off and they finally support it late 2012 or B)They just ignore it and hope people forget about windows phone

mafdude

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Verizon, sh*t or get off the wp pot!!!!

We all know you don't announce upcoming phones (unless of course it's your precious ifaux or droid of the month) but cmon! Make your WP plans clear to your loyal customers! Your commercial states "The phones you want on the network you want." Really? I don't see any high end WP devices (preferably a Nokia 900 or some variant) on your network that I want. Throw us a bone, and I don't mean the model 710 or lower model.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
This got me to thinking. There's that saying, "If your not part of the solution, you're part of the problem."

Maybe what we, as the consumer base, need to do is to figure out just WHICH WP phone we would like to see on Vzw? Instead of just complaining about what we DON'T have, let's try and be constructive as to what we'd LIKE.

So I pose the question to the Vzw WP users. If you had to pick ONE WP phone to bring to Vzw, which one would it be? Go!

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
This got me to thinking. There's that saying, "If your not part of the solution, you're part of the problem."

Maybe what we, as the consumer base, need to do is to figure out just WHICH WP phone we would like to see on Vzw? Instead of just complaining about what we DON'T have, let's try and be constructive as to what we'd LIKE.

So I pose the question to the Vzw WP users. If you had to pick ONE WP phone to bring to Vzw, which one would it be? Go!
I'm 99% sure the consensus choice would be the Lumia 900, especially since it already supports LTE!

Arcturos

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site

Well if i got to choose, it would a Nokia device that doesn't exist (yet anyway).
Since i carry my phone in my pocket all the time the 900 is a little bigger than i'd like, to be honest.

Take the Lumia 800, add LTE and a FFC and then you would have my ideal WP.
In white please.

mafdude

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I echo Arcturos's wish of a Lumia 800 sized LTE FFC NFC device. OR if not, I'll get bigger pockets for the 900. Any quality high-end Nokia device..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers