Verizon rumors?

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Instead of a bunch of threads all over the place, can we consolidate any Verizon rumors in on place? MWC is my last hope at staying with Vzw. If there isn't SOME shred of love for Verizon users, I'll be saying goodbye to Vzw.

ATCraiger

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
I feel the same way. I am on Verizon now with the HTC trophy and (even though I love the phone), it's getting old and new phones would be great. They have been putting it off for long enough, considering that they took about 7 months to get their first windows phone out the door when Windows Phone 7 launched, I am extremely tired of waiting hand and foot on Verizon. NEW PHONES NOW! NEW PHONES NOW!

CaymanDreamin

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
Don't blame you for at least holding out until MWC to switch. I'm on the Southside of Chicago and I miss the reliability of the service. I moved 5 lines to ATT in Nov of 11 because I wanted 2nd Gen windows phones for 3 lines and saw no future for WP at big red. As much as we love our phones, we're not thrilled with ATT's network. Several times I've said "that never happened with Verizon", whether it was no signal, dropped calls or poor sound quality. If Verizon does come up with support for WP in 18 months and ATT hasn't improved, I'll switch back.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Cayman, that's a very interesting perspective. Most times, people say they are moving to ATT and we never hear back from them. I live in an area where I have good coverage from Vzw, ATT and Tmob. I'n fact, I had someone with a Tmob Radar do a 4G test on the Tmob network at my place and consistently got 6Mb download speeds. That beats my 4G Mifi that can't even get Vzw 4G signal. While the signal QoS is very good, I can't get the 4G speed that other can get even a 1/4 mile away.

threed61

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I signed up with AT&T in December, coming from VZW. I don't think AT&T's network is as good, but it hasn't been too bad. I would have preferred 2nd gen phones on VZW though.

mtmjr90

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
If you're grandfathered in on unlimited data on Verizon though, it makes it REALLY hard to switch. I have a Verizon line with my Galaxy Nexus, but got bored and really wanted a Windows Phone so I got a T-Mo Radar on eBay for like $240 and I'm using the $30/month prepaid 5GB plan. Granted, the (max) 5-6Mbps speeds are a far cry from the (actually hit) 43Mbps speeds on VZW LTE, but I'm still loving WP:)

Sent from my HTC Radar using Board Express

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I'm not going to say how I know what I know but I have it from informed sources that there is hope for Nokia coming to Verizon via the 900 or some variation of the 900. I don't have a time table yet but it is coming. I will post more information when I get it. That's all for now.

mtmjr90

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm not going to say how I know what I know but I have it from informed sources that there is hope for Nokia coming to Verizon via the 900 or some variation of the 900. I don't have a time table yet but it is coming. I will post more information when I get it. That's all for now.

My wallet just recoiled in fear...

ATCraiger

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
That would make all my waiting worth it! Please keep us updated.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
@Dave, don't tease me like this!!!! Really. I don't know if I could take the rug being snatched out from under my feet yet again.

The 900 is larger than what I like, but I guess I could get used to the form factor for a 2nd Gen WP phone.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
While a 4" screen would be the best I think, even the 3.8" on my Trophy is okay. The worst part is, I can't even say we will switch. Our entire package is grandfathered in at Verizon. We have an America's Choice II 500 minute family plan for $59.99, I have the unlimited data on my phone, and I also have the $5/250 message plan. I can't even do an upgrade on their website or I will lose my texting plan. If I do an upgrade I will have to call or go to the store. Oh yeah, we have a Network Extender as well...plus VZW does have better coverage where we go, just remembered the 18% discount we get too.

I would gladly take the 900 though, especially if they add a micro-SD card slot in anticipation of WP8. Hopefully we hear something, not getting my hopes up though (I would have expected US centric news at CES).

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Don't blame you for at least holding out until MWC to switch. I'm on the Southside of Chicago and I miss the reliability of the service. I moved 5 lines to ATT in Nov of 11 because I wanted 2nd Gen windows phones for 3 lines and saw no future for WP at big red. As much as we love our phones, we're not thrilled with ATT's network. Several times I've said "that never happened with Verizon", whether it was no signal, dropped calls or poor sound quality. If Verizon does come up with support for WP in 18 months and ATT hasn't improved, I'll switch back.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

The chances of ATT improving their network are IMHO significantly greater than VZN coming up with a top tier WP device!

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
The HTC Trophy is a great phone. It's a good Verizon released this as a Windows Phone, othewise I'd be pretty angry we haven't seen any new phones since then. You've got 16GB of space, great battery life and I love the 3.8" form factor. If we were given a 8GB phone then I'd wonder when the next one is coming.

The only reason I'd consider upgrading the Trophy is for the camera. The picture quality on the Trophy is terrible compared to other phones out there.

Now if Nokia would release a 3.8" LTE phone on Verizon I'd buy it out of pocket. Here's hoping we see some exciting announcements at MWC.

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
The HTC Trophy is a great phone. It's a good Verizon released this as a Windows Phone, othewise I'd be pretty angry we haven't seen any new phones since then. You've got 16GB of space, great battery life and I love the 3.8" form factor. If we were given a 8GB phone then I'd wonder when the next one is coming.

The only reason I'd consider upgrading the Trophy is for the camera. The picture quality on the Trophy is terrible compared to other phones out there.

Now if Nokia would release a 3.8" LTE phone on Verizon I'd buy it out of pocket. Here's hoping we see some exciting announcements at MWC.

Agreed. If it wasn't for the yellow-tinted camera and the less than stellar screen, I wouldn't mind having the Trophy until it breaks.

MadDogFL62

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Verizon is going to take the same stand that HTC, LG and Samsung has at MWC. No new devices until Apollo is out. By then, the speculation about Microsoft buying Nokia should be aired out and either the rest of the market gets to play, or Microsoft will have their own version of the iPhone.

Q3 or Q4 of 2012 is a very realistic date for Verizon.

WayCool

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
So glad I left VZW :) Lumia 900 ! I find it rather pathetic that VZW can ignore the WP7 market... and FWIW I have had NO AT&T network issues whatsoever and I live in a rather .. ok VERY rural area.. :)

Then again.. AT&T took over a ton of Alltel towers around here.. so .. :) YMMV

migman47

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site

Argh! What a tease!

Wish they (Verizon/MSFT) would say something. All the press announcements are done and nothing interesting for us. Guess I'll be sticking w/ my Samsung Rogue for a while.

Look it up. That's right. Feature phone. /cry

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte