Nice article that provides a counter balance to the prevailing view that Android and iPhone have everything locked up.

Who wins if Android and iPhone lose the smartphone wars?
    02-25-2012 12:15 AM
    I don't see any of them losing the smartphone war.
    02-25-2012 09:43 AM
    In 2012 or probably 2013. After that, who knows?

Apple is a smart enough company that I think they'll remain a major player. Google, I'm not so sure about, plus I think many people have performance issues with their Android devices.
    02-25-2012 09:58 AM
    I agree neither will lose. The part of the article that caught my attention was the solid case that WP7 could be successful.
    02-25-2012 11:42 AM
    In 2012 or probably 2013. After that, who knows?

Apple is a smart enough company that I think they'll remain a major player. Google, I'm not so sure about, plus I think many people have performance issues with their Android devices.
    I agree that Apple will be around as a major player. If I had to bet money, I would say the same about Google but they will have a tougher time than Apple.
    02-25-2012 11:43 AM
    I believe that the market will be more stable in a few years. I don't see Apple, Google, or MS failing. I expect each of them to control over 25% of the market. With them going back and forth over which controls over 30%. And at time, 2 or even all 3 may hold 30%.

There will always be the niche market. And I actually wouldn't be that surprised to see Samsung try to make a push with Bada.
    02-25-2012 11:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD