[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2gjn12QS9I&feature=player_embedded[/YT]
    02-25-2012 08:56 AM
    Can you provide a link? The embed isn't viewable on WP browser.
    02-25-2012 10:48 AM
    lol why did they do this? Or i guess this could tell you that samsung doesn't care so much about WP7 they care about android and i can understand that with the sucess they have had with it.

here is the link
    02-25-2012 10:49 AM
    Can you provide a link? The embed isn't viewable on WP browser.
    02-25-2012 12:35 PM
    Obvoiusly they do it because it is a good marketing angle. Smoked by a Windows Phone must have left an impression ;)

But it doesnt take much for Android to impress iOS users with special gimmicks, I have done it myself showing my pictures remotely on an iPad with vscreens. But it only lasts untill the basic everyday functions is on the table, then the iOS user falls back into their comfortzone and they start focussing on the fact that simple is better.

Today ofcourse I would just log on to my live ID and show the SkyDrive pictureroll.

Simple is better, sweet and simple is WP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    02-25-2012 12:52 PM
    Poor.....
    02-25-2012 12:56 PM
    Samsung, please stop flattering us lol
    02-25-2012 01:00 PM
    But I assume most people wouldn't waste 2 minutes just so they could make a customized message with their face on it. This is what Android is, its those little things that wastes an awful lot of time. Those icing-on-tops that aren't really necessary, but making a big deal out of it.

Samsung is still producing WP's, and although there has been a rumor about Samsung and HTC leaving the WP side, and HP and Sony Ericsson willing to take their places, it is likely because these companies are quite strong on the Android side.
    02-26-2012 07:06 AM
    So, a tablet can do things a phone can't?

In other news, water is wet and the sun is hot.
    02-26-2012 08:00 AM
    So the stylus is hot again? When did that happen? I had one with my Treo 650 and do not want another.
    02-26-2012 10:21 AM
    FYI, its not a tablet, its a 5inch phone! Lol .:S I saw it n a hate it lol..

Sent from my SGH-i917R using Board Express
    02-26-2012 10:40 AM
    Samsung's marketing and design departments are basically photocopiers.

EDIT: also, the size of that thing for a phone is just a joke, as is the "challenge". How about a challenge where they have to put their phone in their trouser pocket and sit down without it snapping in half?

The woman should have just said "you know what, I'll call my nephew/niece for their birthday and talk to her for 10 minutes without looking like an ***** and without having my arm fall off from holding up a tablet to my head"
    selfcreation likes this.
    02-27-2012 04:32 AM
    Here's a challenge... Fit that big brick in your pocket comfortably and leave it there throughout your day. Especially for Summer.
    02-28-2012 05:41 PM
    I CALLED IT!!

pants of the future here we come ( for does that remember lol )

02-28-2012 05:47 PM
    I CALLED IT!!

pants of the future here we come ( for does that remember lol )

Click to view quoted image
    Perfect for iPad's!
    02-28-2012 07:17 PM
    Stylus really you can just use your fingers.. I see a Stylus being needed when you need to take notes on a nice stylish 10inch Windows tablet but on a phone you absoultely dont need it.

You have 10 fingers its not hard to use them instead of a stylus.
    selfcreation likes this.
    02-28-2012 07:29 PM
    Stylus really you can just use your fingers.. I see a Stylus being needed when you need to take notes on a nice stylish 10inch Windows tablet but on a phone you absoultely dont need it.

You have 10 fingers its not hard to use them instead of a stylus.
    lol seriously,

i remember using a stylus BECAUSE my screen was to small!! LOL!!! (ever try to work MS exel with a HTC touch? LOL , not happening)

and now 5``screen (double the size of the HTC i had) and they bring it back! lol
    02-28-2012 07:54 PM
    lol seriously,

i remember using a stylus BECAUSE my screen was to small!! LOL!!! (ever try to work MS exel with a HTC touch? LOL , not happening)

and now 5``screen (double the size of the HTC i had) and they bring it back! lol
    oh lol fair enough if your talking about excel I would never use Excel on a phone. I usally use a stlyus for writting and drawing and that sucks on a small screen.

I guess your right tho but regardless haha Galaxy Note meh. Titan all the way. Ben should just smoke it and call it a day
    02-28-2012 09:34 PM
    The real challenge is to get Samsung to explain why this POS is running Android 2.3 Gingerbread and not ICS.
    02-28-2012 09:43 PM
    The issue I have is that they obviously chose a person (the iPhone user) who has absolutely no idea of how to use her phone! I've owned a lot of iPhones and you can do all of those things with an iPhone. I also don't like how Samsung chose these tasks that aren't things most people will do. With smoked by windows phone, Ben challenges you to real life everyday tasks, not stupid ones like draw directions on a map with your sty... I mean S-Pen.
    02-28-2012 11:21 PM
    The real challenge is to get Samsung to explain why this POS is running Android 2.3 Gingerbread and not ICS.
    Because GB is what was available during its development, that's why. Why is that so hard to understand. Google has somewhat changed the way it handles Android. They don't tend to put RC/Beta code in a public repository, either... That's not to mention the fact that a lot of Apps simply aren't ICS optimized so in many cases you actually degrade your UX by going so quickly to a new version. We all seen this issue first hand when Mango launched and it took months for even top apps to get updated for it (App Switching, Live Tiles, etc.).

Drivers, TouchWiz, and even the SDK for the S Pen and things like that all need to be rock solid or the device will have issues and be a massive failure.

Not that it won't be. This device looks goofy enough with such a large screen. OEMs should just stop at 4.3" IMO. Anything above that looks ridiculous.
    03-02-2012 02:54 AM
    Companies will put up any number of advertisements that show how their phones work in daily things, and also versus other platforms. Samsung has long run ads doing just that (the iPhone line). This ad has a hint of the Ben Rudolph creation, but I think thats fine.

The Galaxy Note is a nice looking phone that is very useful. Even though I'm an avid Windows Phone supporter/user, I'd love to get that Tablet phone!
    03-02-2012 05:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD