My take on Nokia 900 Marketing in US

wpnewbie

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I am waiting on Lumia 900 to jump on to a smart phone bandwagon. I use a feature phone but i follow and understand smart phones very well .. I love WP7 ..used it as a test phone and convinced few of my friends to switch to WP7 .
I think Nokia and MS should be concentrate on basics .

Now that i am eligible for upgrade from AT&T ...In the last few months i received multiple emails in my inbox with shiny iPhone as my upgrade option . And upgrade now option takes me direct to Iphone phone page on at&T. (So most of them upgrade to Iphone no wonder at&t sold 2 times the iphone as verizon.

So ..

To start with ...

1. One Week before release date MS and Nokia should convince AT&T to send out exclusive Nokia Lumia 900 and Titan2 email to all eligible subscribers (exclusive page for these 2)
  2. At every AT&T , Bestbuy , Walmart Store ... a Visible advertising Poster hi lighting the following advantages..
  • Great Industrial design with better signal reception (polycarbonate is for that)
  • Free GPS in 3D and 2D (Emphasis that it does not consume data from your data plan. Even trained reps are not aware of this )
  • Free MS Office, easy access to share point .
  • carl zeiss Lens and great camera.
  • Turn your phone to Xbox remote
  • Free 25GB sky Drive
  • Great Music apps (Some for free as i understand )

I mean most people don't know that some of the great things in WP7 (specially in Nokia)
Random adds about OS are fine .. but basics are more important ... and i am sure its not difficult to place few placards at the point of sale ... even if salesmen hate the OS .. placards and emails will give a very direct and visible marketing and atleast people will ask for a WP7 phone to look at

I am no marketing guru .. Just an opinion I wanted to express ..I could be lame :) ..but I am sharing my opinion from the perspective of a customer who is looking to upgrade and the places they look for ...

downhillrider

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
a real marketing job would you know give ppl a release date and price. neither happened today. oh but hey atleast the nokia buzz is about a 41 mp phone, thats not running WP.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I am waiting on Lumia 900 to jump on to a smart phone bandwagon. I use a feature phone but i follow and understand smart phones very well .. I love WP7 ..used it as a test phone and convinced few of my friends to switch to WP7 .
I think Nokia and MS should be concentrate on basics .

Now that i am eligible for upgrade from AT&T ...In the last few months i received multiple emails in my inbox with shiny iPhone as my upgrade option . And upgrade now option takes me direct to Iphone phone page on at&T. (So most of them upgrade to Iphone no wonder at&t sold 2 times the iphone as verizon.

So ..

To start with ...

1. One Week before release date MS and Nokia should convince AT&T to send out exclusive Nokia Lumia 900 and Titan2 email to all eligible subscribers (exclusive page for these 2)
  2. At every AT&T , Bestbuy , Walmart Store ... a Visible advertising Poster hi lighting the following advantages..
  • Great Industrial design with better signal reception (polycarbonate is for that)
  • Free GPS in 3D and 2D (Emphasis that it does not consume data from your data plan. Even trained reps are not aware of this )
  • Free MS Office, easy access to share point .
  • carl zeiss Lens and great camera.
  • Turn your phone to Xbox remote
  • Free 25GB sky Drive
  • Great Music apps (Some for free as i understand )

I mean most people don't know that some of the great things in WP7 (specially in Nokia)
Random adds about OS are fine .. but basics are more important ... and i am sure its not difficult to place few placards at the point of sale ... even if salesmen hate the OS .. placards and emails will give a very direct and visible marketing and atleast people will ask for a WP7 phone to look at

I am no marketing guru .. Just an opinion I wanted to express ..I could be lame :) ..but I am sharing my opinion from the perspective of a customer who is looking to upgrade and the places they look for ...

Great ideas. And hopefully they will give us a firm date soon the 18th seems to be the d ate as the 900 international seems due for release 45 days after that date. I read somewhere that the 18th of March may be pushed backed two weeks which would the first Sunday in Ap.oril I guess!

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
a real marketing job would you know give ppl a release date and price. neither happened today. oh but hey atleast the nokia buzz is about a 41 mp phone, thats not running WP.

There will be a time in place but yeah the hype kind of died down but from a business perspective you have to consider not alot of the general public look to buy electronics in early Q1 and the general public doesn't pay attention to MWC even the mass media doesn't.

Its not like Apple where they have a press conference and annouce availablity so Nokia is still coming out of no where.

OP Great Ideas BTW tweet them to the MS + Nokia and AT&T guys

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs