Interesting that these carriers don't feel they can push the platform because it's obvious that customers are happy with their phones.

Sprint - Arrive is in the top 3 for ratings with Samsung Galaxy S 2 Epic 4G Touch and Iphone 4S 32GB. This one is hard since you can't sort by rating but they are all clearly over 4.5 stars.

Verizon - Trophy is 8th out of 56 smartphones with, again, 4.5+ stars.

T-Mobile - Radar and 710s(black and white) take up 3 spots of the top 4 for the smartphone category. The tab even says "Android Smartphone Deals" lol

ATT - You have the Titan in first and Focus S taking 3rd in the smartphone category with only a Blackberry curve between the Focus and 2nd. The other WP7 phones aren't doing too bad, they all have 4+ stars.
    03-01-2012 09:33 PM
    Well, it is really because they don't want to sell them overall. I found one salesman out of all the carriers that wasn't pushing me to something else when I asked for a WP.

Sent from my Titan using Board Express
    03-01-2012 09:51 PM
    I am on Verizon and the glowing ratings were what cause me to take a look at Windows Phone. Glad I did. And I looked at the Sprint site the other day and was amazed that the Arrive was rated so well.
    03-02-2012 05:40 AM
    Well, it is really because they don't want to sell them overall. I found one salesman out of all the carriers that wasn't pushing me to something else when I asked for a WP.

But why don't they want to sell them? You'd think they'd be interested in selling phones with high user satisfaction ratings, since that should add up to fewer returns and other headaches.

Is it because they just aren't familiar with them, so don't feel comfortable answering questions?
    03-02-2012 10:41 AM
    I had looked at the satisfaction ratings of the Arrive and was surprised too, thats actually what led me to check out other carriers. And the Arrive's competition 'should' blow it out of the water if you go by specs.

They might not be dual-core 3D monsters with hundreds of thousands of apps but they still make the customer happy and that's what counts in the end. Especially with a new OS.
    03-02-2012 11:17 AM
    But why don't they want to sell them? You'd think they'd be interested in selling phones with high user satisfaction ratings, since that should add up to fewer returns and other headaches.

Is it because they just aren't familiar with them, so don't feel comfortable answering questions?
    That really depends on the carrier. Verizon pushes Android phones because that's what they know. Big Red had been pushing Google's product and they make a ton of money from it. Why would they want to make Big G mad?

Sprint bought billions of dollars worth of iPhones. That's all that needs to be said there.

Can't speak for TMobile.

These aren't always "personal preference", though sometimes it does leak through. Some of it has to do with training.
    03-02-2012 11:55 AM
    The arrive was an excellent phone but the dialup 3G speeds killed my enjoyment of it. I'm now with T-mobile and an HD7 and couldn't be happier. T-mobile is also doing the most out of the other carriers for WP. Commercials on TV posters up in the stores near my school and even a dedicated counter for them. The sprint store near my school didn't even have the arrive on display!
    03-02-2012 01:36 PM
    03-03-2012 07:49 AM
    I don't trust online consumer reviews. If you go to a site to post a review you either a fanboy or someone that had a particular problem con with it.
    03-03-2012 08:17 AM
    I don't trust online consumer reviews. If you go to a site to post a review you either a fanboy or someone that had a particular problem con with it.
    That is generalizing. I am hardly a fanboy, but I plan on going to the site and grading it.

eric12341 and willied like this.
    03-03-2012 10:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD