SIM unlock problem

Xzrane

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
So I need some help, I recently just got an unlock code from T-Mobile USA and was going to try to unlock my phone. I used a family member's Verizon SIM, input the unlock code, it was accepted, so I messed around with it a bit, even though I didnt have service with that SIM. When I put my old SIM card in, turned it on, and let it sit for about 30 seconds, the phone starts to reboot itself, in a loop. The only way to stop it is to either catch it when the home screen is up or pull the battery.

I'm hoping not to have to do a factory reset if there is something else I might can do.

I'm using the HTC HD7.
Does anyone know anything that might can help?

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm stunned. Wow. I never knew that. In any case, I don't know how to help you. But I would think a phone reset would be in order.

Xzrane

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Just got off with Tmo Support - told me to switch the SIMs back out, test it for a bit, put the Tmo one back in mine - and it all worked. So far no problems.

(All something I should have done in the first place)

Crisis averted! Thanks speedtouch.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
So I need some help, I recently just got an unlock code from T-Mobile USA and was going to try to unlock my phone. I used a family member's Verizon SIM, input the unlock code, it was accepted, so I messed around with it a bit, even though I didnt have service with that SIM. When I put my old SIM card in, turned it on, and let it sit for about 30 seconds, the phone starts to reboot itself, in a loop. The only way to stop it is to either catch it when the home screen is up or pull the battery.

I'm hoping not to have to do a factory reset if there is something else I might can do.

I'm using the HTC HD7.
Does anyone know anything that might can help?

All verizon phones which are "world phones" have a sim c ard slot for when travelling outside the US.

DButchart

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm trying to unlock a T-Mobile HTC HD7 that I got back in 2011 (upgraded to v7.8). I have a new Nokia 920 with Windows Phone 8 and would like to hand the HTC over to a friend (on Verizon)who would like to try out a smart phone. T-Mobile gave me an unlock code, but I'm not getting asked for it when I power up the HD7 with the Verizon SIM in it - it says the SIM is invalid, but I can't find any option to get it into a mode to pick up the unlock code.

With some phones, there's a magic key sequence to get to the unlock. Any help appreciated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb