so I accidentally added a misspelled word to the dictionary (-:
    is there away to remove it? I'm assuming there isn't but maybe some of you know

thanks
    03-03-2012 04:50 AM
    Goto Settings/Keyboard/Type Settings/Reset Suggestions

This removes all your saved words so you have to start over just to get rid of one.
    Muessig likes this.
    03-03-2012 05:44 AM
    Does the word "true" auto-capitilize for anyone? I might try this reset thing and see, but I don't recall adding it.
    Rahul_Does likes this.
    03-03-2012 06:17 AM
    I don't like how it doesn't let you save curse words.
    03-03-2012 07:46 AM
    Goto Settings/Keyboard/Type Settings/Reset Suggestions.
    03-03-2012 07:48 AM
    I don't like how it doesn't let you save curse words.
    Maybe that's a good thing.
    snowmutt and daftpunklover like this.
    03-03-2012 07:48 AM
    Hey man, it's restricting my vocabulary lol.
    03-03-2012 08:07 AM
    Goto Settings/Keyboard/Type Settings/Reset Suggestions

This removes all your saved words so you have to start over just to get rid of one.
    thanks, I only added a few words, so this works for now.
    03-05-2012 03:25 AM
    I'd like to remove a built-in word. In Swedish the cretin that is responsible for the dictionary autocorrects the word meaning 'good' to the name of an NGO which admittedly is not too dissimilar, but, in context NOT VERY LIKELY!!!

Translated it would look like this, sort of: "I saw No Country for Old Men again on Netflix last night - I had forgotten how ACLU it is.". WAT
    07-07-2013 02:20 PM
    I'd like to remove a built-in word. In Swedish the cretin that is responsible for the dictionary autocorrects the word meaning 'good' to the name of an NGO which admittedly is not too dissimilar, but, in context NOT VERY LIKELY!!!

Translated it would look like this, sort of: "I saw No Country for Old Men again on Netflix last night - I had forgotten how ACLU it is.". WAT
    I guess nobody has a solution for this?

In my case there is a similar problem. I'm German and I often type the word "fr" (which means "for" in english, so you got an idea how often Germans need that word). But typing an "" is unhandy so I always type "fur" and want my phone to correct it automatically. But for that I have to remove the word "fur" from the dictionary. Is there any way?

Nevertheless I'm glad the dictionary is that great because I just type all words with , or without them and they get corrected.
    10-30-2013 02:49 PM
    I guess nobody has a solution for this?

In my case there is a similar problem. I'm German and I often type the word "fr" (which means "for" in english, so you got an idea how often Germans need that word). But typing an "" is unhandy so I always type "fur" and want my phone to correct it automatically. But for that I have to remove the word "fur" from the dictionary. Is there any way?

Nevertheless I'm glad the dictionary is that great because I just type all words with , or without them and they get corrected.
    so - there's a quick way to just type the [] character you want - just press and hold the [u] on screen - a list of alternate characters will pop up. no need to go searching through alternate character keyboards. this literally takes maybe one more second to type the word - and you don't have to worry about removing a legitimate English word from your dictionary to do it.
    11-26-2013 04:39 PM
    I know the thread is old, but FYI: WP 8.1 does "correct" fur to fr in german...
    07-12-2014 07:54 AM
    So, I was not alone! Creepy!
    08-06-2014 11:15 PM
    I know the thread is old, but FYI: WP 8.1 does "correct" fur to fr in german...
    So when is the English dictionary going to change the built-in made-up word "Pokemon"
    (pronounced"poke mon") to the real word "Pokmon" (pronounced "po key mon" or "po kay mon")?
    You have to type it in letter-by-letter and even if you add it to the dictionary it doesn't even SUGGEST "Pokmon" when you swipe the word.
    12-17-2015 10:07 AM
    Does anyone know if Windows 10 mobile have this feature to clear the custom dictionary? I accidentally added a mispelled word but i can't find a way to remove it on Windows 10 mobile
    02-17-2016 08:30 PM
    There is a way but its with Cortana and its "Stop getting to know me", then toggle it off then on again, and it should wipe the dictionary. Editors did an article about it awhile ago. Hopefully MS will make it easier to do, cause even i was struggling to find it today...
    05-18-2016 01:36 AM
    Hey man, it's restricting my vocabulary lol.
    I dunno if yours will let you now, maybe you have a different phone now, but I just saved the vulgar vocabulary I use often and my phone suggests them, corrects them, and suggests an emoji now! lol yeah this an old post; it's 3a and I was looking for this when I came across this, heehee well this site **** words buy its the sire.
    05-26-2016 01:55 AM
    There is a way but its with Cortana and its "Stop getting to know me", then toggle it off then on again, and it should wipe the dictionary. Editors did an article about it awhile ago. Hopefully MS will make it easier to do, cause even i was struggling to find it today...
    omgsh...is this seriously the only way? No wonder I've been looking for the past half hour with no luck in finding the clear custom dictionary option...
    08-19-2016 01:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD