so I accidentally added a misspelled word to the dictionary (-:
is there away to remove it? I'm assuming there isn't but maybe some of you know

thanks

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Goto Settings/Keyboard/Type Settings/Reset Suggestions

This removes all your saved words so you have to start over just to get rid of one.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Does the word "true" auto-capitilize for anyone? I might try this reset thing and see, but I don't recall adding it.

Maillard965

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Goto Settings/Keyboard/Type Settings/Reset Suggestions.

opinionmachine

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I'd like to remove a built-in word. In Swedish the cretin that is responsible for the dictionary autocorrects the word meaning 'good' to the name of an NGO which admittedly is not too dissimilar, but, in context NOT VERY LIKELY!!!

Translated it would look like this, sort of: "I saw No Country for Old Men again on Netflix last night - I had forgotten how ACLU it is.". WAT

anon(6092367)

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I'd like to remove a built-in word. In Swedish the cretin that is responsible for the dictionary autocorrects the word meaning 'good' to the name of an NGO which admittedly is not too dissimilar, but, in context NOT VERY LIKELY!!!

Translated it would look like this, sort of: "I saw No Country for Old Men again on Netflix last night - I had forgotten how ACLU it is.". WAT

I guess nobody has a solution for this?

In my case there is a similar problem. I'm German and I often type the word "f?r" (which means "for" in english, so you got an idea how often Germans need that word). But typing an "?" is unhandy so I always type "fur" and want my phone to correct it automatically. But for that I have to remove the word "fur" from the dictionary. Is there any way?

Nevertheless I'm glad the dictionary is that great because I just type all words with ?, ? or ? without them and they get corrected.

nickelessryan

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I guess nobody has a solution for this?

In my case there is a similar problem. I'm German and I often type the word "f?r" (which means "for" in english, so you got an idea how often Germans need that word). But typing an "?" is unhandy so I always type "fur" and want my phone to correct it automatically. But for that I have to remove the word "fur" from the dictionary. Is there any way?

Nevertheless I'm glad the dictionary is that great because I just type all words with ?, ? or ? without them and they get corrected.

so - there's a quick way to just type the [?] character you want - just press and hold the on screen - a list of alternate characters will pop up. no need to go searching through alternate character keyboards. this literally takes maybe one more second to type the word - and you don't have to worry about removing a legitimate English word from your dictionary to do it.

slickmann1

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
I know the thread is old, but FYI: WP 8.1 does "correct" fur to f?r in german...

So when is the English dictionary going to change the built-in made-up word "Pokemon"
(pronounced"poke mon") to the real word "Pok?mon" (pronounced "po key mon" or "po kay mon")?
You have to type it in letter-by-letter and even if you add it to the dictionary it doesn't even SUGGEST "Pok?mon" when you swipe the word.

souza_rs

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know if Windows 10 mobile have this feature to clear the custom dictionary? I accidentally added a mispelled word but i can't find a way to remove it on Windows 10 mobile

NokianWP

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
There is a way but its with Cortana and its "Stop getting to know me", then toggle it off then on again, and it should wipe the dictionary. Editors did an article about it awhile ago. Hopefully MS will make it easier to do, cause even i was struggling to find it today...

merriejayne

May 26, 2016
Visit site
Hey man, it's restricting my vocabulary lol.

I dunno if yours will let you now, maybe you have a different phone now, but I just saved the vulgar vocabulary I use often and my phone suggests them, corrects them, and suggests an emoji now! lol yeah this an old post; it's 3a and I was looking for this when I came across this, heehee well this site **** words buy its the sire.

albertico

May 15, 2012
Visit site
There is a way but its with Cortana and its "Stop getting to know me", then toggle it off then on again, and it should wipe the dictionary. Editors did an article about it awhile ago. Hopefully MS will make it easier to do, cause even i was struggling to find it today...

omgsh...is this seriously the only way? No wonder I've been looking for the past half hour with no luck in finding the clear custom dictionary option...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett