HTC Radar, Pro 7 or HD 7

Carl Bytes

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I just sold my 1 month old android phone today. Tired of icons of android and iOS since 2009 /2007. I need a breath of fresh air in UI.

There is no news at MWC if current phones are upgradable to Apollo so I decided to buy mid range phones. So the Titans, Lumias are not options for me and the above 3 are only available in my location and they have the same prices. Which one is best suited to me? I will use it mainly for calling, casual gaming and browsing on the go as I have a tablet for home use and possibility of running Apollo smoothly. Thanks.

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I recommend you buy the HTC Radar coz it's more recent among your chosen 3. I'm currently using HD7 and loving it just that im worried if i will get the Apollo update coz it's a 1st gen device. The Radar is a second gen device so get that one.

Sent from my HTC HD7 Windows Phone using Board Express.

ashykat

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
Only unfortunate thing about the Radar is that it doesn't have a compass (not the biggest deal but it's nice for certain apps and maps) and it only has 8 gigs of storage. Other than that it's great. Love the feel of the hardware, super responsive touch screen, etc.

sentimentGX4

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
The Radar actually only has a 1 GHz processor, so its only roughly as fast as the Gen 1 phones.

Because its the only WP with the 1 GHz Adreno 205 configuration, I'd think it'd be LESS likely to be updated to Apollo than the standardized Gen 1 devices and not more.

(Microsoft is less likely to put extra effort for one low end phone and the specs are too close to Gen 1 to increase the likeliness of upgrade if there are hardware limitations.)

I recommend the HD7 for the bigger display.

Snoops8

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
The Radar actually only has a 1 GHz processor, so its only roughly as fast as the Gen 1 phones.

Because its the only WP with the 1 GHz Adreno 205 configuration, I'd think it'd be LESS likely to be updated to Apollo than the standardized Gen 1 devices and not more.

(Microsoft is less likely to put extra effort for one low end phone and the specs are too close to Gen 1 to increase the likeliness of upgrade if there are hardware limitations.)

I recommend the HD7 for the bigger display.

True, the Radar has a 1 gigahertz processor, but the Adreno 205 GPU is several times faster than the Adreno 200 GPUs used in Gen 1 devices since the GPU is a second generation GPU. Therefore the Radar will be the quickest out of the three. I'm sure there are benchmarks out there as well. Here's a video of real world performance.

http://www.windowscentral.com/speed-test-between-hd7-and-radar-shows-second-generation-advantage

Also, while the HTC Radar is considered an entry level phone, it's got the SAME hardware as higher end phones such as the HTC Titan, just the downclocked CPU for better battery life. Yes, the GPU behind high end phones like the Titan, Lumia 800/900 all use the Adreno 205. All generation 2 devices do. Generation 2 phones will be much more likely to be upgraded to Apollo than Generation 1 phones.

Other advances include much better camera, much better LCD screen, better battery life and front facing camera.

What is FFC?

Front facing camera

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
The Radar is a nice phone.

Make sure you check around for pricing, Amazon, NewEgg, eBay, MobileCityOnline...etc...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa