why I don't fear any Tango fragmentation

MrBacon42

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I don't see why people seem to have a problem with Tango. The way I see it, it's the exact same thing Apple does with new iOS updates on older phones. When iOS5 came out, the iPhone3GS didn't get all the features that newer iphones got, but it still got an update and I didn't hear any 3GS owners complaining then.

All that Microsoft is doing different is making these cheap (or worse hardware) phones now rather than several years ago; its the equivalent of them reaching back and creating pre first gen phones now. Sure these tango phones probably wont be able to get the full wp8 update, but I don't really see that as fragmentation of the ecosystem (at least not anymore than iPhone has). Why then are people freaking out like we're suddenly going to be plunged into an android-like level of fragmentation.?

Also as far as changing the screen requirments on wp, wouldn't anything with the same ratio (be it lower or higher res) not cause any fragmenting?

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I agree with you brother, but my concern is some app not running on Tango or even later to come, some WP8 apps not running on WP7/7.5. Now when that happens, then we in for trouble coz that will be a real fragmentation. MS should have released Tango for Winmobile 6.5 devices rather. For me I just hoe they don't forsake my HTC HD7....we all need Apollo.

Sent from my HTC HD7 Windows Phone using Board Express.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss