Samsung Wants Windows Phone 8 Phones!

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Think they said the same thing a while back and then basically sat on their hands. Personally I think all these OEM's apart from Nokia are going to do the same thing with WP8 that they've done to date with WP7, which is the bare minimum. I definitely dont take the words quoted seriously, PR is one thing, executing is another. No ads, no Focus S equivalent for Europe says a lot more about their commitment.

To be honest, I've hardly seen any Samsung phone adverts -period- here in the UK.

Samsung won't push a platform when it already has another that is selling their products like hot cakes. Unfortunately it's just business... but fortunately for Windows Phone, we have Nokia and Microsoft running the show. Those two alone are enough for Windows Phone to truly penetrate the market.

I'm just happy that Samsung are giving praise to Windows Phone, and secondly, we're going to see some lush hardware from them come Apollo.

Hey, come on guys... give a guy a break here... just trying 'up' the mood around here instead of reading threads predicting the end of WP, etc etc. :D

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
you would think that..

HEY LOOK Samsung Android sales like hot cakes, so lets do advertising on a phone that doesn't . so we can start selling IT like hot cakes.

that makes more sens to me then pushing a phone that pushes it self!!!!

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Businesses like to de-risk every situation. Spending millions promoting a platform that isn't very well-known doesn't comply with that attitude... especially when their sales are already booming.

Would Nokia have backed WP 110% if their sales were up there with Samsung's?? Pretty sure they wouldn't have.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
To be honest, I've hardly seen any Samsung phone adverts -period- here in the UK.

Samsung won't push a platform when it already has another that is selling their products like hot cakes. Unfortunately it's just business... but fortunately for Windows Phone, we have Nokia and Microsoft running the show. Those two alone are enough for Windows Phone to truly penetrate the market.

I'm just happy that Samsung are giving praise to Windows Phone, and secondly, we're going to see some lush hardware from them come Apollo.

Hey, come on guys... give a guy a break here... just trying 'up' the mood around here instead of reading threads predicting the end of WP, etc etc. :D

Dont see anything changing with WP8. Nokia is advertising their WP7 devices and guess what, they are actually getting sales and associating their brand with WP7. Without them WP7 would be absolutely bottom of the barrel. If Samsung put a little effort behind WP7 they too would get results. Its really no excuse to say WP7 isnt selling therefore they wont push it, if they wont push it how will it sell?

What worries me though is the lack of movement in the US. Seems we are back to "waiting" before we see any signifacant push for WP adoption, this time for Windows 8. Meanwhile Nokia is doing superbly compared to other WP OEM's. Question is will this wait pay off? It just seems like leaving huge amounts of time for android and ios to cement their trance-like hold on consumers is not a particularly good idea but again, as it happened back at launch and again before the Mango release it seems MS is content to wait for some magic bullet again before they really get behind WP. We may wait though, but I doubt the market will.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Why don't MS give Samsung and HTC millions to advertise like they did with Nokia. I don't see Sammy or HTC pushing MS platform. Esp. since MS is taking money for every Android phone sold.
you would think that..

HEY LOOK Samsung Android sales like hot cakes, so lets do advertising on a phone that doesn't . so we can start selling IT like hot cakes.

that makes more sens to me then pushing a phone that pushes it self!!!!

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Dont see anything changing with WP8. Nokia is advertising their WP7 devices and guess what, they are actually getting sales and associating their brand with WP7. Without them WP7 would be absolutely bottom of the barrel. If Samsung put a little effort behind WP7 they too would get results. Its really no excuse to say WP7 isnt selling therefore they wont push it, if they wont push it how will it sell?

Don't get me wrong... no one is making excuses for Samsung. I'm merely stating the reality of the situation.

What worries me though is the lack of movement in the US. Seems we are back to "waiting" before we see any signifacant push for WP adoption, this time for Windows 8. Meanwhile Nokia is doing superbly compared to other WP OEM's. Question is will this wait pay off? It just seems like leaving huge amounts of time for android and ios to cement their trance-like hold on consumers is not a particularly good idea but again, as it happened back at launch and again before the Mango release it seems MS is content to wait for some magic bullet again before they really get behind WP. We may wait though, but I doubt the market will.

I'm also concerned by the US's apparent anti-Microsoft attitude. I have zero doubts that WP will claw a large chunk of the marketshare across Europe, but it may take a little longer for the US to 'accept' WP. ****** culture seems to be rife in the US... I can honestly say that in the UK, no one gives a crap whether it's MS, Apple, or Google.

Why don't MS give Samsung and HTC millions to advertise like they did with Nokia. I don't see Sammy or HTC pushing MS platform. Esp. since MS is taking money for every Android phone sold.

Probably the most effective way forward at this stage. MS could offer a marketing budget with a commission clause in place for when sales take off.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm seeing more and more people on my Facebook page post using WP7 devices. Just two months ago, it was just me and my brother. Now I see like 10 people posting using a WP7 device.

MS will get there, as long as they stay behind the OS...and don't piss off current users too much.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
yeah i can see MS taking any $$ they make from Android sales and use that cash to help other OEMs advertise WP more with it.

that's a pretty good idea I think.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Could you imagine docking your WP8 device and it doubling as a lite version of Window 8. Like how Android is working on doing it with Ubuntu. Good lord, that would be bliss. But I'm getting off topic! LOL!

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Derailedthread-Superman.jpg

:D

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I have yet to see any info on WP8. Did I miss out while I was on vacation. Samsung should start debugging their upgrade process, so they'll be ready to to go by 2014.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Being boring and getting back on subject......

Will support Sammy in their WP devices for as long as I can. I am so happy with my "S", and very impressed with my daughters Captivate Glide. I do miss a physical keyboard, so that may sway me to another makers WP if it is great, but otherwise I am sold on Samsung performance and quality on their higher end devices. (They can make some really, really crap low and devices, though. Nokia and Tango will clean their clock on those.)

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm dating a girl who has a SGSII. It's the first time I've had a chance to see one up close and, I have to admit that it's a damned nice looking phone (seems to work pretty well too). Definitely wouldn't object to having a WP available on that hardware.
That's why I love my phone! SGSII with Windows Phone OS!

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Samsung has some nice hardware, but they get knocked around about their updates being slow. I'd like to see a Samsung WP8 device that's super thin and squared off corners. Compared to the GS2, my Focus is a fatty.
That's why I love my phone! SGSII with Windows Phone OS!

Sent from my Galaxy S II

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site

i seen a focus flash commercial just last week, they were on alot during football season. i dont really watch much english language TV.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
yeah America is suckling the market dry with no adds.

is saw my FIRST Nokia WP add last night lol. even with 8 billion ive only seen one?

ALborntoride

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I've seen a few Nokia commercials for T-mobile lately. Saw the Focus Flash on sale for a penny yesterday at Best Buy. I was pretty much on board for buying a 900 when it came out but think i will stick with my Focus for a little while longer. It's been a good phone considering i've dropped it and kicked it a few times :). My eligibility is in October sooooo maybe (fingers crossed) that Microsoft will have some details for 8 by then.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo