UK phone updates 8107 and HTC

mattpga

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone in the UK seen the 8107 update yet? Still waiting for it on orange, as well as the fabled fix for music player crashing on HTC phones

sebrov

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
i've had the update since january i think, feels like ages to be honest. i'm with vodafone.

what i would say my phone reboots itself a lot more than it ever did before since i updated. actually considering rolling back.

welsbloke

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Still 7740 on T-Mobile - Not that bothered about this update me wants the latest Nokia firmware... Well only if it actually fixes my battery life issues.

I guess the only thing in 8107 would be the keyboard focus issue but It rarely bothers me... Well it bothers me less than a Battery saver kicking in after 12 hours of no real use.

mattpga

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
well i do have the keyboard problem quite regularly and the music player won't go past track 4 unless you keep the phone unlocked. Nothing on t-mobile too eh. Looks like everything everywhere are are going to give us nothing nowhere.

massifheed

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Got the 8107 update here also. I'm on Three.

I was originally annoyed at the idea of update releases being down to the carrier but, if there is a positive to be gained from the situation, it does at least show which carriers appear to be committed to WP7 and - to a wider extent - how much of a priority they give to supporting devices on their network with the latest updates.

I was thinking of moving from Three once my contract is up, but I think I'll stay with them - so long as I can get the phone I want - as their update process seems to be pretty quick.

Mon-El

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Orange are ignoring their WP customers

It's very telling that Orange (inc. T-Mobile as Everything Everywhere) are the last network to roll out the update.

Many are saying that this just fixes the keyboard bug but there are security and privacy fixes too - surely these are of significant importance to users even if they're not too bothered about the update themselves (with all due respect, why should they be? It's not asbout new features so interest will be low). It's up to Microsoft to ensure the OS is secure, which they've done, and the networks to ensure the security of their customers by deploying Microsoft's update.

All networks appear to have done this with the exception of Orange.

Couple that with ignoring my CS requests and their 3G network seemingly broken in my area and I really can't stick with them. Come June, I'm out. Question is, which network? And will they have the Nokia 900 ;)

Mon-El

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
well i've asked @orangehelpers for an update, letting them know everyone else has sent it out. awaiting a reply...
I did the same, and then moved to tweeting @orangeUK directly on account I only ever got the auto-responder saying "We're looking in to it for you - HAL 9000". They haven't responded yet. Been with Orange for years and really don't like getting on their backs but this is beyond a joke. My concern is that they treat WP like Android and we never get updates.

Also, AFAIK no UK network has enabled visual voicemail for WP or Android yet. I'm sure throwing in the API's can't take that long.

mattpga

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I did the same, and then moved to tweeting @orangeUK directly on account I only ever got the auto-responder saying "We're looking in to it for you - HAL 9000". They haven't responded yet. Been with Orange for years and really don't like getting on their backs but this is beyond a joke. My concern is that they treat WP like Android and we never get updates.

Also, AFAIK no UK network has enabled visual voicemail for WP or Android yet. I'm sure throwing in the API's can't take that long.

Same here. The only i answer i get is 'working on it, no information other than that'. They havent replied to my tweet, but seem pretty busy with other broken bits of their network. The Your Orange app has been broken for weeks. Expensive and useless. I will be leaving them asap, unfortunately thats no till november unless i win the lottery :)

mattpga

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Matt Adams‏@MattPGA
@OrangeHelpers any news yet on when we can expect the wp7 8107 update? Voda and O2 sent it out in january!
Orange Helpers UK‏@OrangeHelpers
@MattPGA Hi Matt, we do not know when it will be coming out on Orange. It will be currently with the software developers undergoing tests.

8 Mar 12via Customer Services ? Details

Well its not really surprising seeing as they can't even get their own website to work properly. Your orange app has been broken for weeks too

TGBmark1234

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Couple that with ignoring my CS requests and their 3G network seemingly broken in my area and I really can't stick with them. Come June, I'm out. Question is, which network? And will they have the Nokia 900 ;)

Given that T-Mobile have always been completely useless at releasing WP7 updates (I'm still on 7740 with my Omnia 7) I will be getting rid of them when my contract ends. At the moment I'm thinking of going with giffgaff. Tenner a month for unlimited texts and data. Some number of minutes as well, but who actually uses their phone to talk these days?

Problem with that plan is the upfront cost of the phone, so I may be looking for a less flash phone, but so be it. Even the Lumia 710 seems good, and it's only ?150.

neelthakerar

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
I just got 8107 today on my Lumia 800 on T-Mobile.
It should be available now.
And yes, T-Mobile suck with updates, even when I asked in store, the sales people told me to use the Ovi suite and update from there.

mattpga

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I just got 8107 today on my Lumia 800 on T-Mobile.
It should be available now.
And yes, T-Mobile suck with updates, even when I asked in store, the sales people told me to use the Ovi suite and update from there.
lucky you. still not available on orange.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos