Twitter/Facebook Mobile Sites Quality

VolofTN

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,

I am loving my new Windows Phone (HTC Trophy, Verizon).

However, when I visit the Twitter and Facebook mobile sites, they are not of the standards found on the iPhone's browser. Is there an answer for this? Are they in HTML 5 and it isn't supported yet?

It's perplexing me.. sometimes I like the speed and use of mobile sites better than the app counterpart.

Thanks!

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Because ignorant web devs are programming their websites in webkit and not the basic html5 standard that's compatible with all browsers.

M

mkr10001

WOW....never knew this. Stuff on apple iphone are too cool. But why is WP's FB websitre soo poor?

because it's not WP's website and is nothing to do with WP. You were just on the regular facebook mobile site....it has nothing to do with WP

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
iphone.facebook.com isn't apple's website either and has nothing to do with the iPhone.

But if you don't include the iphone in the web address and go straight to www.facebook.com you will get a nasty look page of facebook. But if you include the iphone in the address you get just what the iphone facebook app brings just that this is on a page. I think it has something to do with apple.

Sent from my HTC HD7 Windows Phone using Board Express.

M

mkr10001

iphone.facebook.com isn't apple's website either and has nothing to do with the iPhone.

yeah that's true...but WP doesn't have a facebook mobile site specific to it..

kenzibit said "But why is WP's FB websitre soo poor?"

WP doesn't HAVE a facebook website

I was saying it doesn't have one. I never said the iphone version was apple's website though.

Sogeman

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Facebook just doesn't recognize the mobile IE9 to redirect you. They'll probably update it in like a year or so just like every other website does. It takes forever because they don't care about that small marketshare.

Nichol140

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
IPhone.facebook.com

CamiKitti

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Wait so that's why touch.facebook.com isn't working anymore? Because they changed it to iphone.facebook.com? That's such BS. -.-

M

mkr10001

I only get that on the official twitter app. Nowhere else though, try one of the dozen Twitter apps.

Yeah I've tried a couple. I liked seesmic but didn't like the red text. pentile display and all that....makes the pixels visible when it's red. I'll find one though... lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99