Even after update, FB app is still garbage.

massifheed

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
So I think that se1f was well within his right to say that especially considering that this is a WP centric site.

One of the things that I really like about this site is that it's really open to users of other platforms. Generally everyone here, regardless of the device they use, gets a good reception, and can freely post their views about WP7 - good and bad. We discuss the details of the OS, rather than get drawn into "Apple/Android/WebOS sucks" arguments like most other OS forums. And that's a really good thing!

I was browsing a Symbian forum the other day and it was nothing but hate for WP7 and WP7 users, no reason there at all. Thankfully, this place is nothing like that, so it would be a shame if people were told to go elsewhere because they vented their frustration (albeit in a somewhat blunt fashion) of an element of WP. It's better, surely, to address the concern the person has. Often, the problems people say that they have with WP aren't half as bad as they make out. And when it's discussed, that becomes clear.

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
As much as this continues to be off topic I'll throw in my two cents here.

Se1fs enthusiasm for the platform is well known in these parts I think, and I appreciate it. But as much as it is anyones right to defend the platform if they choose, i think its fair to say that it should be done in a calm and polite way, especially by moderators.

That's not a slight against anyone, i get as frustrated as anyone, maybe more so, reading these boards at times. Generally speaking though this is a pleasant corner of the internet, lets try and keep it that way.

bbennett40

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I don't use the FB App. I use just the baked in functionality in the OS. I've found no need for further functionality on my phone. But then again, I'm odd. :)

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I don't use the FB App. I use just the baked in functionality in the OS. I've found no need for further functionality on my phone. But then again, I'm odd. :)
The baked-in "functionality" in the OS is incomplete. Otherwise there wouldn't be a need for the app (which is also incomplete, btw).

ALborntoride

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
The FB app is ok...i tend to use the people integration more but I'm trying to spend more time off FB. It has become a demon for many people and consumes to much of people's lives. We need to get out and enjoy the sunshine and the beauty of nature.

massifheed

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
The baked-in "functionality" in the OS is incomplete.

Unless the functionality that is included in the OS is as much as MS was intending to include in the first place.

A lot of the thinking behind the WP7 ethos seems to be along the lines of letting people do the everyday stuff quicker and easier than they can do on other platforms. So things like check-ins, status updates, picture posting and checking on friend's updates may be as much as MS ever intended to bake into the OS.

If that is the case then I can certainly see a need for a better FB app. But there is always the chance that many people won't look to do a whole lot more on their phones socially than just the basics.

There is also the chance - however small - that, while Facebook may still huge now, it's popularity may take a nose-dive at some point in the future (anyone remember Myspace?)

If MS go to great lengths to build large parts of the OS around FB, it risks turning into a "Facebook phone". If something happened that meant people used FB less and less then you could end up with a fair amount of the phone's functionality becoming useless.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I find it funny that when a member says something isn't working right/incomplete Other members gives them some speech on how MS intended the OS to work. Will said members please post the email/documents that MS sent you explaining how they intended the OS to work. We're honored to have MS WP7 designers with inside information here. *rolleyes*

Enough of that, MS has already let it be know that they know that some features are missing and that the reasoning is that FB doesn't allow the built in app to be a first party app, it's a third party app, so features are limited. The reason why the official app is sucks, well that's beyond me.

massifheed

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I find it funny that when a member says something isn't working right/incomplete Other members gives them some speech on how MS intended the OS to work.

Who has done that? And where? I think all anyone has done here is give their own opinions on various aspects of the OS's social networking functionality, and offered their own theories on the way things are. In fact, it was another user who boldy claimed that the built-in functionality was incomplete. I said that it *may* be all MS was intending to include.

Will said members please post the email/documents that MS sent you explaining how they intended the OS to work. We're honored to have MS WP7 designers with inside information here. *rolleyes*

What's the point of this kind of comment? And what's with the sarcasm? Like I said, all anyone on here ever does is post their own opinions on things.

...MS has already let it be know that they know that some features are missing and that the reasoning is that FB doesn't allow the built in app to be a first party app, it's a third party app, so features are limited.

Ok so, just like you did, should I ask you to post the email/documents to you from MS confirming that?

Jeez, I posted the other day about how I thought this forum was so good because it let people freely post their own opinions. That's what I thought at the time, at least.

brad4560

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
it seems like a love/hate relationship with this app! I myself find the built in functionality perfect. I hardly open the actual app on my phone.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
But the time you posted this, you could have done a google/bing search and found MS OFFICIAL statement on this. It was covered by WPC. You're welcome.
http://www.windowscentral.com/facebook-feed-issues-people-hub-youre-not-alone

Who has done that? And where? I think all anyone has done here is give their own opinions on various aspects of the OS's social networking functionality, and offered their own theories on the way things are. In fact, it was another user who boldy claimed that the built-in functionality was incomplete. I said that it *may* be all MS was intending to include.

What's the point of this kind of comment? And what's with the sarcasm? Like I said, all anyone on here ever does is post their own opinions on things.

Ok so, just like you did, should I ask you to post the email/documents to you from MS confirming that?

Jeez, I posted the other day about how I thought this forum was so good because it let people freely post their own opinions. That's what I thought at the time, at least.

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
OP lost all credibility when he said you have to go through 5 pages to see friends list.

Sent from my Samsung Focus S using Board Express.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I find it funny that when a member says something isn't working right/incomplete Other members gives them some speech on how MS intended the OS to work. Will said members please post the email/documents that MS sent you explaining how they intended the OS to work. We're honored to have MS WP7 designers with inside information here. *rolleyes*

Enough of that, MS has already let it be know that they know that some features are missing and that the reasoning is that FB doesn't allow the built in app to be a first party app, it's a third party app, so features are limited. The reason why the official app is sucks, well that's beyond me.

it's alot better than the built in functionality on ur crap droid.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers