03-09-2012 12:28 PM
31 12
tools
    Tango is for emerging markets. There are places in India where landline is unreliable or the infrastructure doesn't exist. People carry mobile phones here, yes even in the slums of Mumbai. And guess what is the most trusted brand in India? Not Apple, not HTC or Samsung but Nokia. If Nokia can convert a percentage of people carrying feature phones to Wp7 smart phones it will be a huge boost. The only way to do this is to bring down the price significantly and this is what Tango is set out to do.
    muffasa and eric12341 like this.
    03-08-2012 05:31 AM
    Hey guys.
    May I intervene?
    I believe you are talking the wrong way.
    My understanding is Tango is next major update to WP7 Os, like Mango was.
    It is not for emerging or developing markets, as some of you state here in the thread and elsewhere. It's for all markets throught the Ball.
    And what Microsoft is telling is that some of Tango advanced functionality will be limited for (NOT TO) the phones having less than 256 Mb of the RAM. Handhelds having over 256 Mb RAM will preserve all anticipated TANGO functions with no compromising.
    And you are talking something really strange and uncertain:-)

Greets from Ukraine
    03-09-2012 10:16 AM
    Hey guys.
    May I intervene?
    I believe you are talking the wrong way.
    My understanding is Tango is next major update to WP7 Os, like Mango was.
    It is not for emerging or developing markets, as some of you state here in the thread and elsewhere. It's for all markets throught the Ball.
    And what Microsoft is telling is that some of Tango advanced functionality will be limited for (NOT TO) the phones having less than 256 Mb of the RAM. Handhelds having over 256 Mb RAM will preserve all anticipated TANGO functions with no compromising.
    And you are talking something really strange and uncertain:-)

Greets from Ukraine
    I don't want to come across as a **** and just shoot you right down. But you're totally wrong about it being a major update. Microsoft themselves have said on numerous occasions that it is a minor update for the OS as a whole, see here, here, here and here.

From the last link there:

"1, the Tango is not a major the update.
    2, the Tango is one of the the update belonging to of Mango.
    Apollo would be the the next major update.
    4. Tango is mainly for developing countries including China and India. These countries were neglected before and Microsoft would like to provide more Bing Services to them through Tango.
    5. OEM would be selling cheaper Tango devices in these developing countries."
    Finally, I don't think anyone here thinks that Tango will limit the functionality of non-256mb handsets.
    muffasa likes this.
    03-09-2012 10:53 AM
    mprice86

No need to shoot me down in all cases:-)
    Okay, I was wrong telling Mango is "major" update.
    But as far as I understood while browsing the Web, Apollo will be a next version of OS even, rather than major update of it.
    My point is that all phones receive Tango stuff, but some of them will have some improvements as compared to Mango (I mean those non-256mb) and some of them vice versa will be restricted in their functionality as compared to Mango again.

Hey, don't throw rotten apples at me, I'm still a newbie with my Omnia W:-)
    03-09-2012 11:12 AM
    tango = NoDo

high end phones ( 512 RAM ) will not lose anything , instead we we get an extra 4-5 feature . exactly like NODO,

only people getting the ORBIT or the Nokia 610 that are losing here.( the 2 phones with 256RAM)
    03-09-2012 11:28 AM
    Tango is a major update for low end phones. It's probably the only update they'll get. :D
    03-09-2012 12:28 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD