[Q] Live Tiles stopped updating, how to fix?

kamelot

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Helo.
On my Omnia W, four days ago, live tiles stopped updating themselves. Nothing helps (unpin and then pin again, phone reboot). I've found out that solution for this bug needs unlocked phone and then it's possible to delete certain registry keys and tiles sholud work again. My phone is not unlocked, because it is not possible in my country (and I've got my phone after chevron wp7 was out of tickets) I do not want to lose everything on phone by doing a hard reset. Is there a way how to modify registry on not-unlocked phone? or any other solution? thanks :)

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Helo.
On my Omnia W, four days ago, live tiles stopped updating themselves. Nothing helps (unpin and then pin again, phone reboot). I've found out that solution for this bug needs unlocked phone and then it's possible to delete certain registry keys and tiles sholud work again. My phone is not unlocked, because it is not possible in my country (and I've got my phone after chevron wp7 was out of tickets) I do not want to lose everything on phone by doing a hard reset. Is there a way how to modify registry on not-unlocked phone? or any other solution? thanks :)

For a simple solution, try this if you haven't:
Most app live tiles stop updating automatically when you do not visit those apps for a week. Just Visit / open the apps very often to reactivate them. You can go to settings, swipe left to applications and tap background task to see both activated (on) and inactivated (off) apps.

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Kenzibit is correct.

Every so often, what is described above does not work. Then reinstalling the app will typically do it. Usually the fix can be done from the Background tasks section of Settings though.

mattpga

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
i've also noticed a few that have reset themselves to not using live tile, so check the settings in the individual apps. These are ones that are used less than a week ago. odd.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
The registry tweak was only for pre-Mango devices. Assuming you are running Mango that is not the issue. There is a limit on the number of active tasks you can have. So if you pass that limit, one might be disabled. Also, as mentioned, an app will be disabled if not touched for two weeks. Opening/closing the app should reset the tile, but it could take an hour or so to refresh.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
The registry tweak was only for pre-Mango devices. Assuming you are running Mango that is not the issue. There is a limit on the number of active tasks you can have. So if you pass that limit, one might be disabled. Also, as mentioned, an app will be disabled if not touched for two weeks. Opening/closing the app should reset the tile, but it could take an hour or so to refresh.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Wow, never knew we have a limit for our live tile apps.....and all I have been hoping for is one day to have all my tiles live.Too bad then!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett