BGR Report Accuracy?

RiseAgainst94

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Haha if only....
One thing I know for sure is that if they delay the damn thing one more time (past April 22nd) I will NOT buy it. Actually, I will probably buy an android (against my better judgement) seeing as though the HTC One X and Galaxy S III are on the horizon.

bobsentell

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm not some giddy fan boy who is wetting his pants because he can't get the phone next week. I'm just asking why we are taking the workd of a blogger and his unnamed source. By announcing the new release date, BGR just invalidated their previous position. So why should we believe this one?

That's all I'm asking.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Maybe it was scheduled for the first date and their sources told them the date. Testing/manufacturing issues came up, date changed.
I'm not some giddy fan boy who is wetting his pants because he can't get the phone next week. I'm just asking why we are taking the workd of a blogger and his unnamed source. By announcing the new release date, BGR just invalidated their previous position. So why should we believe this one?

That's all I'm asking.
Not saying I have any clue why BGR changed the reported date. I always take what rumor and fan sites say anyway.

Unless it comes from Mr. Dallas, the its pretty much Guaranteed to be fact. LOL

Sent from my Galaxy S II

Last edited:

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Nevertheless, announcing this in January and not releasing soon after is a complete debacle. Something happened in between that resulted in the release of the 900 to drag this long, who knows what it is and who know who's fault it is as well.
I remember Elop saying that they (Nokia) want to get into a rhythm where they will announce devices only if they are within weeks of shipping, or something to that effect. Maybe they felt the 900 needed to be announced at CES to keep Nokia in the news, but obviously there's a downside when the months go by and there's nothing a consumer can buy.

*sigh* It'd be SO sweet if they can announce and say "available next week!" Heck, I take 1 month!

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site

That's all I'm asking.
BGR wasn't the only ones to report the initial March 18th date. Paul Thurott was another guy that "heard" March 18 and reported it.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Well, my source says that the 900 is delayed because the manufacturing plant doesn't have enough 9's to put on the phones. And they can't ship it as just the Nokia Lumia 00 now can they?

Apparently this is because someone uses the stash of 9's for the Lumia 610. They were upside down and got mixed up.

True story.*

*not true story

Michael-Dallas

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I heard that Nokia is pushing to get the final cut of the 900 software to AT&T tomorrow (as in Wed-3-14). So as far as I know, the 900 is delayed, but I don't know by how long.

bobsentell

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Now we are hearing from "sombody on the internet" that the release is April 8. If true, that means BGR went 0-fer on this launch too.

Something to keep in mind.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Haha if only....
One thing I know for sure is that if they delay the damn thing one more time (past April 22nd) I will NOT buy it. Actually, I will probably buy an android (against my better judgement) seeing as though the HTC One X and Galaxy S III are on the horizon.

Just curious, Rise Against: If the phone you prefer is not released before the phones your "better judgement" tells you not to buy are, you are going to settle for the phones you do not like as much??? No offense, but the bouncing ball of your logic confuses me. The 900 is coming, why not just wait until all the phones are out and compare?

Let us not kid ourselves here. The 900 is the single most important WP release to date. Nokia is the absolute standard bearing for our preferred OS, and up to now even great devices from Samsung, HTC, and others have only been moderate successes. Throw in the fact that the 900 and the Titan 2 are really going to be it until Apollo, and it is fairly freaking obvious the 900 needs to be a hit. Now do I trust BGR? Nope. I have said before they are the "People" magazine of the mobile world. Just enough accuracy to stay in the game, but mostly just fluff and "inside sources" that they never own up to once wrong. But there is a much bigger picture here: If WP is going to have any momentum going into Apollo, it is the 900 that is going to provide it. It is Nokia's first elite offering. If a few extra weeks to a month provides whatever is needed to launch it correctly, well then what is the worry? We still will need to have it sell well for about 6-8 MONTHS to carry the WP banner long enough to get WP to the Apollo devices. April is fine so long as it is a great device, priced well, and Nokia supports it.

Last edited:

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Now we are hearing from "sombody on the internet" that the release is April 8. If true, that means BGR went 0-fer on this launch too.

Something to keep in mind.
bobsentell, how did you get your hands on a Pre 3??? As a reformed WeBOS user who was depressed for months after HP fell on their sword, I am extremely freaking jealous!! How do you like it??

bobsentell

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
bobsentell, how did you get your hands on a Pre 3??? As a reformed WeBOS user who was depressed for months after HP fell on their sword, I am extremely freaking jealous!! How do you like it??

eBay. I had the Veer and liked it but was ready for a bigger screen. I'm just sorry HP killed a great OS before its time. But Windows Phone has always peaked my interest, there just want any hardward I wanted until the Lumia 900.

The Pre3 is not a bad phone. Had it come out around the time of the 3GS, I'd have rated it a top phone. App selection sucks, but it does what I need it to do for now. It reads email, has a twitter client, sends SMS, and makes phone calls. Until the Lumia 900 lands, it'll do. I plan on putting it back on eBay. A lot of webOS fans would pretty much pay what I did for it.

RiseAgainst94

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Just curious, Rise Against: If the phone you prefer is not released before the phones your "better judgement" tells you not to buy are, you are going to settle for the phones you do not like as much??? No offense, but the bouncing ball of your logic confuses me. The 900 is coming, why not just wait until all the phones are out and compare?
Well the thing is, the quicker I buy a phone the quicker I'll be able to upgrade and buy a Windows 8 (or 8.5 by that time) phone. Also, I think there are one or two Android phones I would consider over current windows 7.5 devices. So really it's a matter of being able to upgrade sooner.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6