So Nokia appear to have pipped Apple to the post with a suite of WP phones arriving end of March onwards. This is hugely important news after all the Late Steve Jobbs had China as one of his critical markets and rumours are they have a deal with China Telecoms themselves as yet unannounced (officially anyway as is the Apple way).

If this pans out I think this will be significant marker point for WP success looking back. I am going from memory but I think China Telecom has 650 million subscribers of which 100-150 are 3G users so this is a big slice of pie.

2012 is certainly shaping up to be an exciting year for the Windows Phone.
    03-13-2012 04:42 PM
    That's a lot of millions. Is China Telecom getting those end-of-March phones? Let us know when you get more specs on the "suite". Thanks.
    03-13-2012 07:18 PM
    Roger that.

To go with rumours until things are a bit more certain then it will be the Nokia 800 and 710 to start with. This will likely be with China Telecom and Unicorn which equates to 30% of the estimated 1 Billion users. The crown jewel would be China Mobile which I confused with China Telecom which is not suprising as it once was known by that name (Damn this is confusing).

You are right they have a lot of Zeros in China.
    03-14-2012 04:11 AM
    Good news, lets hope they do some marketing for it. I know that Nokia has good roumurs in Asia. (Don't know about china). But its the 2nd biggest economy in the world. And a quite big young middleclass growing up..
    03-14-2012 08:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD