So, I've read that LTE will be using sim cards. Even on Verizon CDMA networks. So here's my question. Will it be possible with LTE devices to switch between US providers? Assuming your device is unlocked of course :)
    03-13-2012 11:33 PM
    hmmm in theory YES , all carriers in CANADA with LTE phones work on LTE. they use the same frequency. so should eb the same for US ( if your phone is unlocked )

FYI. CDMA phones do NOT use SIM cards. so they cant be unlocked and used on other carriers.

only GSM/HSPA/LTE phones can be used on other carriers ( if compatible with that's specific carrier/Phone )
    03-14-2012 01:18 PM
    So, I've read that LTE will be using sim cards. Even on Verizon CDMA networks. So here's my question. Will it be possible with LTE devices to switch between US providers? Assuming your device is unlocked of course :)
    As long as they run on the same frequencies or has the carrier's bands (frequency) and is unlocked, you'll be able to use that carrier's sim card for use on that network.
    03-14-2012 01:50 PM
    Nope won't work because the US carriers use different lte bands sadly.
    03-14-2012 07:00 PM
    FYI. CDMA phones do NOT use SIM cards. so they cant be unlocked and used on other carriers.

only GSM/HSPA/LTE phones can be used on other carriers ( if compatible with that's specific carrier/Phone )
    I read that all LTE devices (including CDMA) will use some sort of SIM card to access those bands.

Nope won't work because the US carriers use different lte bands sadly.
    That maybe be true but the LTE phones for the US should be able to access all the bands in the US right? I mean, I'm pretty sure they'll have to be a hack invovled to unlock LTE US carrier band phones ;)
    03-14-2012 09:09 PM
    I read that all LTE devices (including CDMA) will use some sort of SIM card to access those bands.

cdma doesnt use SIM , . unless they found some new way to boost CDMA, witch I havent yet seen. do you remeber where you saw this?

Im pretty sure that CDMA has reach its potential or is simply not worth investing in.
    03-14-2012 09:35 PM
    cdma doesnt use SIM , . unless they found some new way to boost CDMA, witch I havent yet seen. do you remeber where you saw this?

Im pretty sure that CDMA has reach its potential or is simply not worth investing in.
    He probably meant the CDMA, LTE devices.
    03-14-2012 11:43 PM

That maybe be true but the LTE phones for the US should be able to access all the bands in the US right? I mean, I'm pretty sure they'll have to be a hack invovled to unlock LTE US carrier band phones ;)
    Why wouldn't they? If they have the frequencies, which Nokia normally lots to make the quad-band for 3G and hopefully LTE.
    03-14-2012 11:44 PM
    He probably meant the CDMA, LTE devices.
    Yep my bad.

Here's a link to one article for Verizon LTE.

Verizon's 4G LTE SIM in the wild -- Engadget

Why wouldn't they? If they have the frequencies, which Nokia normally lots to make the quad-band for 3G and hopefully LTE.
    That's what I'm thinking. I've never 'unlocked' a carrier locked device so I have no idea what's all involved.
    03-15-2012 12:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD